Forth

I sat in my room, my bruises hurting but for some reason my heart hurting even more.
It wasn't even my relationship. I shouldn't even care but it is Lam in the equation. Seeing him hurt pissed me off. Seeing him pretend like everything is OK is making me even more angry.
And earlier, seeing him fight with that fucker made me so worried for a while; what if he got injured too?!

I pinched my nose and punched the wall in frustration! Ouch, shit my knuckles were badly bruised and it's aching. I heard knocks on my door.

I stood up slowly, making my way over to open the door and then I saw Lam standing there. I was abit surprised to see him and he took that opportunity to slip into the room.

I just glared at him and turned away. He sighed. I was upset at him but I was also worried for him. I turned around to see him and he looked up at me with a tiny smirk. This idiot! He clearly faked the sigh to gain my sympathy. I wanted to clobber him and raised my hand. He took the chance to grab my hands.

"I haven't grabbed your hands more than I have done so in the last 2 days so stop fighting me Forth. Please.."

I looked at him and just sagged, nodding my head. He made me sit down and he started cleaning up my wounds. As he did it, I decided to take the plunge.

"I saw Maprang with her boyfriend at the track. I was under the impression you two are dating."

"Hmm we were.."

"OH okays..you are ok?"

"Yes I am.. we don't do this usually, talking relationships. Why now?"

"No, I'm just... fine nothing."

I kept quiet and sulked inwardly. Lam just sighed and then went

"She said she fell out of love with me. She found someone she loves more. I was confused with it. Am I hurting? Yes. Confused? Yes. I am still trying to come to terms with it.. its not that I am keeping things from you..I'm just.."

I kept quiet, unsure on how to respond. I may seem like a big tough guy but I was a sucker when it came to relationships and I know how painful it can be when people don't reciprocate or fall out of love with you. Lam is a big tough guy too but he is a softie too which is why he hardly does relationships. Maprang was his first one since I known him.

Lam finished off my wounds and then stood up to go. I stood up, surprised he was taking off.

"Sit down, let me treat your wounds too."

"It's ok Forth. Like you said yours are superficial unlike mine. I need to treat mine myself."

I groaned inwardly at my sacarstic stupid mouth at times. I watched as he took off for his own dorm. I sat down, exhausted by everything that has gone down for a while now.