Lam

I sat down, Forth's words washing over me. I smiled abit when I thought about Forth's words again. And my mind subconsciously went back to the recent days, when he had been more attentive, protective and just being there for me. I realized that the breakup with Maprang didn't affect me as much as I thought it would as Forth have kept me successfully occupied. I just laid back on the couch, thinking about Forth the whole time and ended up dozing off.

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing. I groaned and sat up, answering the phone.

"You ok?"

"Yea, why not?"

"Hm, where are you then? Class started 30 minutes ago."

"Shittt!" I screamed and then hustled to get ready. I completely missed my first class and earned the dirty glare of the lecturer as I snuck into my seat. Forth was next to me and just grasped my hand as I slid in. I squeezed it back and Forth glanced at me in surprise, not expecting that reaction from me. I turned my attention to the lecturer. I had rushed like crazy and was hungry af too. Just then, Forth took out a sandwich and pushed it towards me. I nodded my thanks to him and had it whilst going through the lesson. It was a busy morning but we finally broke for lunch around 1pm. As I had missed my first lesson, I stayed back to copy the notes and work on the assignment for submission. The classroom was empty as the lecturer had gone to the staff room for abit. Just as I was busy doing it, Forth came back with lunch for me. He sat next to me and opened it up and scooped up a spoonful and fed me.

I looked at him and he just glared back at me. I smiled sheepishly and just ate quietly whilst doing my work. When it was done, Forth kept away everything and just leaned on the table next to me, being all quiet whilst I did my work. I was doing it when I turned to look at him. His eyes were closed. I found my hands reaching out to just ruffle his hair. His eyes didn't open but he smiled a wee bit. He leaned in a little closer to me and I chuckled. I just ruffled his hair whilst looking through my notes 1 last time. A few minutes later, the bell rang and he sat up straighter. Guess our moment was over huh? He cast me one last look before taking out his books. Park came rushing in before our lecturer did and slid in too. Over the chitter chatter of the students streaming in, our day snapped back into its noisy boisterous one again.

Our day ended around 6pm. We all broke up for the day, deciding to go back to our dorms. Forth had to go for some hazing meeting with some juniors who owed him something so I decided to tag along. Park was meeting Yo and he scurried off. I sat at the table with Forth, waiting for our juniors. We were early as the meeting was only at 7pm. Forth told me to wait whilst he scuttled off somewhere. He came about 10 minutes later with some snacks and a drink for me.

"For yourself?"

"Oh yea, shit I forgot!"

"Forth.. How could you forget yourself?"

"Its ok, wanted to make sure you wouldn't be hungry. I don't think lunch was enough."

I just looked at this teddy bear friend of mine in surprise. But yet again I wasn't very surprised. He often thought of others first and himself not so much.

"Share with me ok" He nodded. I sipped the drink and then passed it to Forth. Between us, we split the drink and snacks and finally the juniors joined us. Over the meeting, I observed that there was a particular junior Chan who seemed particularly friendly towards Forth. I thought I was just reading too much into things but I realized that he kept smiling more than necessary, quick to volunteer for everything that Forth had suggested and had also come prepared with all of Forth's favourite snacks. I just rolled my eyes and thought no one had caught me. When we ended the meeting, the juniors all took off except for Chan who hung around.

"Yes Nong, can I help you?"

"Hmm P Forth, I was wondering, I need some help with my Mech lab assignment. Could you help me? I will be happy to treat you to dinner as thanks"

"Ah no need Nong. I will be happy to help. But Mech lab is Lam's forte. Let him help you ok and if you really insist, you can buy him dinner."

I nearly snorted when I heard that. I just looked at Chan and smiled. He stuttered when he heard that. He said sure and that he will reach out to me and he fled.

"Now, stop rolling your eyes please. You think I didn't see?"

My face turned red realizing that Forth had caught me. I just kept quiet and quickly stood up, muttering about going back. Forth stood up and held onto my wrist.

"Let me send you home ok?"

I nodded meekly. Forth just smiled and we took off but he didn't let go of my hand at all.

"Hmm Forth, you can let go of my hand already, you know?"

"There is no one around. Can I just hold for a while more?" Forth muttered.

I looked at him sideways. He was looking straight ahead but he was starting to blush madly. I kept quiet, not saying anything. I just gripped his hand abit more. We reached his bike and he took out the helmets. I slipped mine on and we got onto the bike. I just held onto his waist and adjusted myself. Forth rode slower this time, our 10-minute journey easily became a 25 minute one. When we reached, I alighted and stared at him incredulously. He just started laughing. I smacked him on his head. He just dodged it. I reached out for him again and this time he grabbed my hands and pulled me towards him. I held onto his waist to steady myself.

I found myself leaning into him when suddenly I heard someone call my name. I broke away from him only to turn and see Maprang walking towards me. She was sobbing.

"Maprang, are you ok?" She threw herself onto me crying, crying that she was pregnant and didn't know what to do. I turned to look at Forth who was just as stunned. I just comforted her, whilst looking at Forth who looked equally as stricken as myself and her. I held onto her and used my other hand to reach out for Forth. I held onto his too, trying to give him strength to stay around for me whilst I tried to be there for her. I was worried if Forth would be willing to do so.

A few seconds later, I felt my hand being gripped back. I looked over at Forth who just smiled at me.