Lam

I didn't go back to my dorm. Rather, I just popped some painkillers and water from the local minimart and then took off cycling.

I used to enjoy cycling before I got a bike and it was the my favorite thing to do when I needed to unwind, relax or just destress.

I cycled for quite a distance and was making my way back around 7pm when Park called me. They were heading to the bar and he wanted me to come. I just said no and hung up. Max and Tul called next and I still declined them. I decided to mute my phone so that nobody can bother me.

I went back, showered and was just chilling, smoking away around 10pm when I got a call. The phone was still on silent but I saw it light up. It was Yo. Huh?!

I answered and Yo sounded frantic on the phone. He said a fight broke out between Forth, Maprang and her boyfriend. I groaned. I told Yo I will be there as soon as possible. I quickly pulled on a shirt and rode off. I reached the bar and dashed in only to find no chaos nothing. Everything was how it should be in a bar. I caught the boys at our usual table chatting merrily away. I saw red. I knew that they had lied to me to get me there. I marched towards the table, ready to let it loose on Yo who was already shivering. Park stood up and went over to shield him but Forth stood up and blocked me.

"It was my idea. I'm sorry. It was the only way to get you here."

"Are you crazy Forth? Just to get me to a bar, you chose to pretend you were caught in a fight again?!"

I was super pissed. I jsut pushed Forth away and walked out. Forth caught up with me at my bike.

"Lam, Lam! I'm sorry ok?"

I turned to look at Forth, this time my eyes were glimmering. Fuck, the magnitude of everything the last few days had caught up with me and I was so done with everything.

"You and the boys are the constant in my life. And I don need you guys to be lying to get me places. I know why you did what you did but I am so tired and it just worried me again when I thought you had gotten into another fight. Especially with that asshole."

I bowed my head down and leaned against my bike, feeling tired. Forth just looked at me for some time before I heard footsteps so I assumed he had gone off. But suddenly he just hugged me. I looked up to find myself in his embrace and I  was shocked, surprised and definitely unsure of how to react. Forth just held onto me tightly murmuring sorry the whole time. Usually I would never be caught dead in his arms or anyone's for that matter, but this time I decided to let it slide. I just let Forth hold me for a while.

We broke away a few minutes later and swore to never talk about it. The hug had cheered me up so I decided to join him and the boys for drinks. I went in, seeing Yo pale at my presence but I just chuckled. He heaved a sigh of relief and everyone just burst into laughter.

I sat down next to Park opposite Forth who casually went back to his conversation with the Medical Princes, his soft side displayed earlier all forgotten.

We continued drinking and chatting long into the night, me completely invested in the boys and their jokes. Park kept us completely amused. But if I had made some effort, I would have realized one friend was keenly watching me too, wondering if I was truly ok.