Forth

My actions towards Lam kept wavering. I find myself doing things out of the normal and I couldn't stop myself from doing it.

Like earlier today when he said Park and Yo being good friends like us was good- it unsettled me for I knew I wasn't quite seeing him as a friend anymore. But minutes later, I find myself looking for his favorite snack and feeding him. Typically he holds onto the bike but I wavered and made him hold onto me to just feel his arms around me and I ended up going super fast so that he doesn't question me on it.

Now I find him waiting for me at the entrance and I know my stupid face immediately lit up. Jesus. I just walked quickly towards him and smiled. We made our way up. I dropped him off at his dorm and lingered for abit.

"Thanks for the ride Forth."

"Hey no problem. Happy to. See you tomorrow?"

"Er yea like always?" Lam chuckled. I found myself kicking myself inwardly over half the stupid shit I say these days. Just as I was about to leave, Lam's phone rang. He picked it up and I stayed for abit to see if he needed help when I heard him mention Maprang. When he was done, I looked at him and he laughed.

"Don't worry. She was just asking if I had ended classes and how it was."

"OH? Nice. You guys talk often?"

"Just occasionally. She's been quite down since she broke up with Aroon so she calls me sometimes. I let it be though I made it clear I have no intention of getting back with her."

"That's good. Yea make it clear. I don't want her thinking she has a chance or anything.  Not after doing that to you. You deserve better."

"Like who, Forth? Like you?"

"Of course. I would treat you way better than her ok. I would never do that to you!"

Just then, it hit me, what I had said to Lam. His eyes opened big at my words. Shit. That wasn't how I had envisioned it to go. What was I saying? How do I rectify it?

"I meant, you are my friend right? My best friend. I would never do anything to hurt you. That's what I meant.. "

Lam smiled at me when he heard that, though his smile didn't quite reach his eyes. I am not sure if mine did, forcing such words out of my mouth.

I uttered goodbye and quickly left before I said anything more stupid or silly to unsettle Lam even further.