Forth

Around 3am, all of us were done with partying. Yo drank abit too much egged on by the rest and he was hopelessly drunk. I was about to ask Ming if he was going to send Yo home when I realized that Ming himself was out like a light and being supported by Phana.

I face palmed. Park then offered to send Yo home since his dorm wasn't too far and he was still sober. I nodded and continued to make sure the rest were settled. Max was dragging Tul whilst Beam supported Kit. I snorted at all the odd pairs and turned to Lam, wanting to ask if he would give me a ride since I didn't bring my bike. But I realized Lam was out.

What the fuck?! How much did this fellow drink?! Aish. I went over to Lam who was just lying back on the couch, eyes closed.

"Lam, Lam, shall we go?"

"Fooooooooooooorth. Okays. Can. Come. I will ride." He nodded drunkenly as he tried to stand up. He almost fell over and I grabbed his waist to hold him up. I took his bike keys and went to the bartender. I told him let it be here for the night and we come by later. He said OK. I stuffed Lam's keys in my pocket and grabbed Lam and got a cab. Once we reached the dorm, I brought Lam to my room. I made him sit on the couch whilst I removed his shoes and socks. I got a small tub of warm water and a cloth. I took off his shirt and wiped him down. He stirred and tried to fidget through it all but I smacked him on the head once and he kept quiet.

I pulled him off the couch and laid him on the bed. I sighed, all that I had drank had disappeared and I had sobered up. I went to shower and came back to find Lam sitting on the bed, rubbing his head disoriented.

"Headache?"

"Hmmm.."

"Serves you right, you didn't treat your wounds properly and you drank. Did you take any painkillers prior to meeting us?"

Lam looked at me for a while before nodding his head sheepishly. I rolled my eyes at him, upset at his precarious behaviour. I got out the first aid kit and sat down by the bed to dress his wounds. Lam sat up straighter and tried not to wince as I cleaned and dressed his wounds. I could feel him looking at me intensely as I cleaned his wounds. I looked up at him, "What?"

"Nothing.." Lam just shook his head and smiled. I finished cleaning his wounds and looked at him.

"Hungry?"

"Naaaa.."

"You sure? You usually get hungry when you drink alot and you did have alot today.. '

"Naaa, I'm not" and then Lam's tummy grumbled loudly betraying him completely. I started laughing. Lam chuckled too and winced in the pain.

"Idiot, give me a while. I whip something up."

"Thanks Forth"

"Idiot, why so formal? You are my best friend." I smiled at him and went to make some noodles for him. I watched Lam from the kitchen as I cooked and caught him playing games on his phone. I just shook my head and continued.

Once I was done, I called Lam over to have his noodles. "How about yourself?"

"I'm not too hungry Lam. You have it."

I turned to go wash up when Lam grabbed my wrist again. I looked down at him. He made me sit and took up a spoon of noodles and put it in front of my face. I cocked my eyebrow at him, challenging him silently to make me eat it if he dared. Lam cocked his eyebrows back at me, having full faith in himself. I just snorted and wanted to stand up, but he pulled me back down and fed me the noodles.

I was so stunned that I just ended up eating it. Lam never ever has ever done that. I looked at him wondering who has possessed my friend.

"No one you idiot. I can be nice too. Just not towards you guys. Just for tonight I felt like being nice. Don push it."

I chuckled when I heard that. We ended up sharing the bowl of noodles and Lam fed me all the way. It was nice actually being looked after. We cleaned up together after that. Around 6am, we finally flopped onto the bed to sleep. We continued staring at the ceiling again. I looked over at Lam. He wasn't sleeping, just looking up at the ceiling.

"Not able to sleep?"

"Hmm. Yea. Its just.."

I looked at Lam. He was a man of few words and I knew he must be struggling to express whatever was on his mind. I don't know what pushed me to do it but I scooted closer to Lam. He looked at me as I came closer. I took my hand and just put it around him. Lam and I were quite close in height though I was a wee taller.  I pulled him a little closer to me. He looked over at me. I turned my body slightly to face him.

"I'm capable of being nice too. And for now, let me do so towards you. Just for now."

Lam looked at me for a bit before nodding his head subtly. I just put my head on top of his and rested it gently. I felt Lam sigh softly and just nestle in closer to me. I just smiled and closed my eyes, finally feeling at peace.