Yo

As I was speaking with Ming on the phone, I couldn't help but glance at Park who was just looking at his food. I didn't expect him to do that.

I gingerly touched the spot where he had kissed me, feeling the wetness of his lips against my cheek. I made plans with Ming and ended my call. I went over where Park was still staring at his food.

"Isn't the food nice Park?"

"Oh no, I was Just waiting for you. Is everything OK?"

"Yea. Ming wanted to meet for breakfast tomorrow. So, was making plans with him."

"OH. Breakfast with Ming? Nice."

I smiled at him and we continued our dinner. Post dinner, Park hung out for a while before heading home. The next morning, around 8am, Ming called cancelling on our breakfast date! Pha wasn't well and he wanted to check on him. I tuttered at this love sick friend of mine, chasing him away whilst rolling my eyes.

I made my way down, deciding to have breakfast since I was already up and about. Just then I saw Park ride by. He slowed down upon seeing me and offered me a ride to the faculty canteen to meet Ming. I mentioned on how our breakfast plans got derailed. He then offered to go for breakfast with me if I was up for it. I agreed and we went.

At the canteen, Park went to get our meals. Just then, I saw Ming and Pha walking in together merrily, holding hands. That was fine except that Pha didn't look too sick. Ming's face paled when he saw me. He didn't expect me to come there for breakfast I guess. Pha cheerfully came up and greeted me.

"You are feeling better now, P Pha?"

" Why wouldn't I?"

I looked at Ming who just shook his head subtly. He then looked towards Park who was coming with our food. Park didn't see us yet. I understood what had happened. I bade them goodbye as they went off and I turned to my table. Park set the food down and asked me if I wanted anything else since my pink milk wasn't available. I nodded my head no and we started having breakfast.

"I just saw P Pha and Ming."

Park choked on his food when he heard that.

"OH okays. How is Pha doing now? Thought he was unwell?"

"That's what I thought too. But guess he was OK. Guess my own best friend decided to lie to me to help his senior."

Park's face paled when he heard that. He stuttered for the first time ever since I known him.

"He didn't..  i mean..what did you... I mean.. I tot.." Park trailed off. I never thought I see the day where I will catch Park all stumped. It secretly wanted to make me smile but I held it back. I know Park had asked Ming to cancel the breakfast date; I could tell. I decided to let Park stew over it a little longer. I just looked at him with silence. I think it ate away at him!

"I'm sorry, its me. I told Ming to cancel the breakfast date so I could ask you out."

"If you had just asked me, I would have happily agreed to go with you. You didn't have to do that?"

Park kept quiet. I put my hands over his.

"I..am sorry ok? I know its not my fault but I feel like I caused it and it has been eating away at me which is why I kept pushing you away. But I really do miss us. Us being together. I just don't know if it's the same title you and I wish to term it but I know I miss hanging out with you."

Park just kept quiet listening but he placed his hand over mine. I just sniffled quietly. He looked up at me and tried to smile reassuringly. This is alot, coming from Park. I smiled back, feeling happier about being with my favorite friend.

We wrapped up breakfast, he got me my pink milk on the way, dropped me off at class before heading towards his. We agreed to meet for dinner post classes. Before I left, I turned to look at Park who just gave me a cheeky smirk before riding off.