Chapter 20: Getting Inside the Queen's head

We swam through the dungeons and walked our way to the throne room. Apparently, Maria didn't actually think that we would go through the tunnel.

"Where is she?" I looked around the throne room but she was nowhere to be found.

"There they are." She just appeared out of nowhere. She had Perazbanians protecting her. Is she really that weak? "Seize them." Perazbanians tried to capture us but we fought. I used my levitating powers and threw them out of the throne room. My parents and Wizard Elmor fought against them.

"I'm going for Queen Maria." I fought my way to Queen Maria.

"What are you going to do, attack me with your rainbows and sprinkles?" She smirked.

"No." I went inside her head. She didn't know I had those abilities. I looked inside her head. Wait, she's my mother's older sister?

You're my mother's sister? I told her inside her head.

"You have that ability?" Her expression was blank.

"Look through Google again sister." I chuckled.

"What's a Google?" I forgot that they didn't have computers back then.

"Nevermind that." Too bad, that statement was really cool. In, my opinion.

"Mom, why didn't you tell me that you're Queen Maria's younger sister?" I looked at her and the fighting stopped.

"Because she always wanted to kill in the first place. Ever since you were born, everyone thought that you were so powerful. And you are. But, Maria didn't take that information very well. She tried to kill you, tried putting our family in danger but Wizard Elmor was here for us to protect you. He said that your powers won't develop till your sixteen." She said.

"But, the day you turned sixteen, Maria went crazy. She tried ruining the night before the party. But then, even before you were taken away, he sent you to another realm. A realm that didn't possess any magic. That's you had your powers when you turned eighteen." She continued.

"But, I'm here now. Why didn't you tell that she is my aunt? I could've stopped all of this nonsense." I said. I know they were only doing that to protect me, but why lie?

"Nonsense?" She chuckled. "You think this is nonsense? Honey, you are the fairest of them all. People say that you have powers that no one has ever possessed even the most powerful wizards. You have the power to turn back time." Queen Maria let out a creepy laugh. "Now tell me again that this is nonsense." She shot a glare on me.

"I have what?" I looked at her.

"Are you really sure that she is the fairest of them all? She doesn't even have a clue." She said in an annoyed tone.

"I'm sorry. You were trying to kill my whole life! I didn't have time to study about my abilities." I choked her.

"Alexza, calm down. You don't have to do this." My mom tried to calm me down.

I continued to choke her, pretending that I didn't hear my mother. I was so angry my face started turning red, beads of sweat fell down my face, and everyone was so speechless by my actions. Queen Maria was there struggling for air. The next thing I knew, someone stabbed me at the back. I let go of Queen Maria, I fell down on my knees, and my mom started crying. I was there wrapped in her arms. The pain was unbearable, it was like I was having an acupuncture session but done in a wrong way. My mom kept crying and I started feeling weak like I was giving in. Maybe I needed a rest.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello! Another chapter! I wanted to publish a chapter or two just to finish this book. I hope you like this chapter. I didn't turn out to be as amazing as I thought it would be. :'( I'm so sorry. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter!