Chapter 30: Killer Training

Training felt like torture today, everything from that book was tragic and I felt like they were just using me, not training me. My face was covered with sweat and all of my energy was drained.

"She needs to rest." Jeremy pulled me to a chair, giving me a bottle of water.

"Thank you." I muttered chugging down the whole bottle. We sat there in silence for about a minute.

"Is it hard? You know, to be The Fairest of Them All? With a psychotic queen trying to kill you?" He asked.

"Very. But, I got use to it anyway." I gave him a small smile. "How about you, how's your life here? Jonathan's not giving you a hard time?" I shoved him lightly.

He chuckled. "Nah. He's just really cocky." I laugh.

I cleared my throat and stood up grabbing his hand, gesturing to walk back to the tower. Walking in silence really helped me with my thoughts. With the Queen after me. My dad gone, it was hard to sink in. I drowned in my thoughts not realizing that we had reached the tower.

"I'll be back there with them. Just rest ok?" He gave me a reassuring smile and hugged me.

"Ok." I whisper and went inside the tower. I took my towel and headed to the bathroom for a warm, calming shower. As I went outside, I didn't help but notice at the portrait. The family portrait. Mother was at the right side while father was at the opposite side. A young girl with a cheek grin was at the center. Me.

I looked so happy and carefree. It was too far from what it is today. Before, there was no Queen Maria, my dad was still alive and well. Everything seemed fine. I sighed looking at the picture. Changing into much more comfy clothes and laid down.

"Hello. My name is Maria, your mother's aunt. You look just like her." She smiled kindly. Her gray eyes filled with joy but it had a deeper meaning to it.

"Hello. I'm Alexza." The girl smiled with a doll she gripped.

"Alexza, since it is your 10th birthday. I would want to give you this." She gave the younger version of me a necklace. It was a moon with carvings on the inside. The similar necklace Jeremy gave me.

"Thank you." I smiled and put it around my neck, when my vision went fuzzy. I heard Maria laughed and everything went black.

I woke up with sweat trickling down my face. It was just a nightmare. I sat on my bed trying to calm myself down when a figure walked to me, Jeremy. He sat by me an hugged me right.

Whispering in my ear, "It's ok. It was just a dream."

"I know." I whispered back.

He laid down hugging me with his arms wrapped around me making me feel safe. I calmed down and I was asleep.

The second day of training wasn't as bad as yesterday, but everyone seems to have drained their energy as well. I was about to cast the Aguatious Spell when the doors flew open. An evil laugh came in followed by a silhouette, Queen Maria found us.

"Awe, this is so adorable." She teased. "What a bunch of amateurs. A few spells in a boom wouldn't help you kill me."

I scoffed, she gave me a glare and asked, "Why scoff my dear? Do you think you can beat me?" She sneered. I muttered a spell under my breath and she started to cough aggressively. I balled my hands and cursed the spell loudly, speaking words in a different language. My mom looked at me in disbelief. She started crouching to the ground gasping for air. Jeremy walked up to me.

"Stop it." He put his hand on my arm but I shrugged it away. I kept looking at her, suffering. When something prevented me from talking. I tried to talk but I couldn't. I turned to see my mom casting a spell on me. I glared at her, looking back at the Queen. She was coughing. Mother gave my voice back and a warning look.

I glared at the Queen. "That was just the beginning." I scowled. She replied a glare and puffed out of the place with a black smoke.

"You need to calm down Alexza!" Mom said.

"Why? Why would I need to calm down when we had the perfect chance to destroy her?" I asked.

"Because you need to be patient." Her voice lowered down a bit. And sighed.

"I'm sorry." I sighed as well and left the room. Jeremy followed me.

I was sitting against a wall and crumpled myself with my knees in front of my head, I put my head and cried, I felt someone hug me, in an instant, I felt safe, I looked up and saw Jeremy giving me a smile. I smiled faintly.

"It's hard, I know. Seeing that you can't have revenge. Because you have to wait and be patient." He said. Not having eye contact.

I nodded and sat their in silence.

"Alexza," he cupped my cheeks, looking at those eyes that could get you lost. He gave a sweet and passionate kiss.

"I love you so much." He whispered. I smiled but it faded away. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Did I say something wrong?"

I smiled sadly. "No, you're perfect. It's just that... You can't fall in love with a girl that's not, normal. A girl who has telepathy and controls Black Magic. You just can't." I stood up and walked away from him.

Tears fell down and I tried to stop but i couldn't. I was too afraid to say the words, I love you too. I continued walking back to the training room.
--------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: heeeeeyoo!! It's been a long day, without you my friend. Haha! Hey there!

I apologize for not updating in about 123456789 years. We had a dance competition so we had to get ready about it, and we practiced under the scorching sun! >_< it was so hot and I felt depressed because I am already 2 shades darker! Even though I applied sunscreen! >__< urrrggghhhh! And another project was up, I never found the time to update! And our internet was so sloooow. Anyways, hope you like this chapter, yeah it's short. But hey, did you like his chapter? Just comment for any remarks and complaints! I would love to hear from y'all!

A special thanks to @gymnastgirl495 who supported this book! :) this chapter is for you.