Chapter 26: Escaping

I woke up being tied in a chair. I was still in the same room, in the Wizard's room. I looked around if her was there but her wasn't. So started moving around and trying to free myself from the chair. Jeremy was right, I should have stayed with them. This was a stupid idea for coming here. But I had to get out of here. I tried freeing myself once again.

"Don't try." The Wizard appeared out of nowhere.

"There's no harm in trying." I muttered and tried untying the rope wrapped around in my hand.

"Yes there is." He looked up and I followed his eyes to where he was looking.

I saw Jeremy tied up to the ceiling, his mouth covered with a cloth and he kept swinging and moving around. He was shouting but I couldn't understand what he was saying.

"Let him go." I said angrily.

"Not if you tell me what you know."

"What do I know? I don't know what you're talking about." I just glared at him and I kept on trying myself free.

"Oh Alexza, you know what I'm talking about." He replied. Seriously, what is this man talking about? I just looked at him in confusion.

"You really do not know what I'm talking about?" Finally.

"The things you saw in my mind. You read my mind." He said. Oh, that one. Now I know.

When I read his mind, It was just scary. The things that I saw. The invasion, killing my parents. It was horrifying.

"The plan." I said.

"You saw it? Isn't it wonderful?" He said with a proud tone.

"Wonderful? Killing people and jumping into realms is wonderful? How is that even wonderful?" I spat.

"You are too young to understand our world and our situations."

"But aren't I the Fairest of Them All? Aren't I supposed to understand?" I looked at him.

"The Leaders made a wrong choice in choosing you. They were supposed to pick Maria. Not a teenager." He emphasized the last words like it was a crime to be teenager.

"Not all teenagers are irresponsible, old man." I spat. "We could as responsible as you." I glared at his old fierce eyes.

"We'll see about that." I kept looking at him and thought of a way to free Jeremy. I thought about reading the Wizard's mind but I knew that it he could feel that I am reading his mind. So I thought for another way.

"Psst." I called Jeremy hoping that we could hear me. He didn't hear, I tried again. This time, he heard and said that I couldn't understand. I looked at the Wizard, he didn't seem to know what we were trying to do, so I read Jeremy's mind. He felt and his eyes widened. How could he feel it? Mortals aren't supposed to feel that their my minds were being read. At least that's what Wizard Elmor said. I read his mind and saw that he was also thinking of a way. He had the cliche things to plan. Like acting that you couldn't breath, playing dead. So cliche. He's cute be he's kind of, 'stupid'. I know I know it's pretty harsh to say that to someone that you like. I kind of mixed his other plans up and created a plan.

I hope it would work because the Wizard does know if we were trying to escape.

"Wizard Avan?" He closed the book and gave his full attention to me. "What really happened to Queen Maria?" I as, even though I knew the answer that when I was born, The Leaders picked me as what they called it, 'The Fairest of Them All'. It was kind of pathetic but, I listened to him. He told me the Queen's backstory and I was just bored, I tried to listen but my mind focused on escaping. I listened to him.

When he was finished, I asked him another question, "How do you become 'The Fairest of Them All'?" I asked him trying to look interested.

"To become The Fairest of Them All, our older ancestors called them, 'The Chosen One' because 'The Fairest of Them All was just mouthful." He said, "You must be one of the royal families and-"

I cut him off. "Wait, you are required to from the Royal Family? That is kind of stupid isn't it?" I looked at him making a point. "Was there by any chance that 'The Chosen One' was just a commoner? That is a pathetic rule." I said. When he looked at me, he kind of agreed. But his conscience was fighting like the other one would say, 'It's The Leaders rule, they are the ones who would decide which is The Chosen One' but the other one would disagree and say, 'Yeah, the teenager is right. Maybe it would be nice to have a change of rules and have a commoner as 'The Fairest of Them All.'

His mind knew which conscience he should listened and answered me, "The Fairest of Them All should be from the Royal Family to sustain the family line. Who would lead the kingdom? Commoners?" He scoffed. "They couldn't lead an entire kingdom, that is why they are just commoners." He said with triumph that we won our little debate. I shrugged in defeat. He was right, he did make a point about the commoners. A few hours later, I sat at my chair still tied and Jeremy still hung, his positions wasn't really a painful position. My stomach started sounding like a whale. I looked at the Wizard.

"I'm hungry, could we please eat something?" I looked at him with pleading eyes. He took something from a closet and gave me food. The food was no good but at least I wouldn't escape this place with an empty stomach. I looked at him. He obviously knew that I couldn't eat with my hands tied.

"Oh," He said just realizing about my little food problem. "I will not let you go." He said with a blank face.

"You couldn't possibly feed can you?" I smirked. He looked down with defeat and started untying but he stop to what he's doing.

"If you try to escape, he goes." He glared at me. Dammit! I can't escape without Jeremy getting hurt.

"Fine." I mumbled angrily. I took a seat at his long table and started eating.

"Mm hungrmm tmm." Jeremy said. I knew that he was hungry.

"Let him eat." I stopped eating and looked at the Wizard who was reading a spell book.

"Uh uh. Not a chance." He said as he kept reading the spell book.

"Well I could just feed him." I suggested. He looked up to me.

"Fine." He slowly lowered Jeremy down and let him sit at a chair. "You guys know the drill." He said. I took out the cloth that covered Jeremy's mouth. I hugged him.

"Are you okay?" I checked him if he was hurt. "Why were you captured?" I looked at him.

"I was looking for you, when you didn't come back sooner, I became worried and looked for you." He replied. With what he said, I felt warmth in my heart and smiled at his response.

"Thank you." I hugged him once again.

"How did you know I was hungry?" He asked with a slight look of confusion.

"Because I knew." I smiled. "And I couldn't just leave you hanging." I winked at him and he chuckled. We started eating.

"I'll be out for a moment." The Wizard stood up and walked to the door. "Don't think that I'm stupid. I will cast an enchantment at the door so that you wouldn't escape." He left.

"He's gone." I looked at Jeremy and untied him. "He is stupid that he left me untied." I smirked and continued untying. When I finished untying him, I walked to the windows, I touched at my hand went through. He forgot to cast a spell on the windows. So stupid.

"Jeremy, let's leave. Come on." I gestured him to come to the window and together we left the room.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Finally! Another chapter is done. I'm not really used to writing a 4k word chapter so I write 1k word chapters, sometimes. And this was a 1k word chapter. Anyways, hello! I hope that you enjoyed reading the chapter as much as I enjoy writing the book. This book is almost coming into and end and I am jut so sad. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

And I finally updated a chapter. I wrote this chapter in my laptop, my laptop went a little bit crazy. So it made me nervous that this chapter couldn't be saved. But yey! I finally finished another chapter. :)