Chapter 1: Midnight Kidnap

Alexza

I was woken up in the middle of the night by maid Kim. I didn't know what happened but knowing that she was frantic and she was panicking, I knew something bad happened. Really bad.

Feeling the terror in maid Kim's voice frightened me. The last time I've seen her panic like this was when the rebels of the kingdom invaded.

"What's happening?" I ask her but she doesn't reply but just grabs my hand and run to the armory.

She hides me under one of the armors, which smelled by the way, and kissed me on the forehead. "Stay here." She whispers and shuts the door. She still haven't told me what was happening. Now that really made me worried.

It was pitch black in the armor room. As I searched for the lamp, the clinking sounds of the metal armors made my heart beat fast, nervous that it might be the one that was chasing after us. Whatever was chasing us.

Just as I felt that there was a lamp, the door slammed open and maid Kim was thrown inside the room. I scampered to one of the armors and peeked at the hole.

"Where is she?" The man grunts as he scrunched the collar of her shirt. But I didn't think it was a man at all. It had pale blue skin and scars all over its body. His muscular physique made our soldiers look like twigs.

He had a weird shaped tattoo at his right arm, but there was something strange about the tattoo, it was moving. I squinted to get a better view of the tattoo but I instantly flinch at the man's death grip on maid Kim's frail neck.

"I don't know." She chokes out the words as she struggled to find air. He dropped her body with a thud. And she wheezes out air, holding her neck and cough heavily. And his peircing black eyes search around the room, then with a grunt, he slams the door leaving maid Kim and I inside the dark armory.

"Maid Kim!" I immeadietly ran to her after the coast was clear. A few strands of her hair were loose, and her dress was all dirty. My eyes brimmed with tears when I see her like this.

"Listen carefully Princess Alexza," I nod my head as I look at her. "Your parents have been taken by those men." Hearing her say those words made my heart race. My parents? This castle was one of the safest places in the kingdom.

How the hell did they manage to get inside? It was protected by a spell. "You have to get out of here, it's not safe."

I frown as I hear those words, "but maid Kim, you still haven't told me what is happening." I was still clueless about whats happened tonight. She just woke me up and dragged me inside this dark room.

"I-- They-- I don't know." She sighs. "I was sleeping when the royal carriage of your parents was already gone. I knew that they were also after you." Her face suddenly turned serious. "You have to get out of here."

"I can't leave you." A tear falls down my cheek and she slightly smiles as she wipes my tear with her rough hands.

"Here." She gave me a letter. As I look at the letter, I notice that it had my father's mark and I knew that this letter was important. "Send this to the North Tower, and give this to the Wizard."

"Ok." I took the letter and let go of her hand, with one last hug, I leave the armory and run to the North Tower.

After running all the way to the North Tower, I finally face the burnt umber doors and I knock. The knocks echoed the halls and I had to stop doing it because they might see me. So I push the door and it opens.

"Wizard? Are you here? Hello?" I peek through the door and I instantly see the Wizard's royal blue robe walking down from the stairs.

"Alexza, your highness what can I do for you?" He gives me a smile. And I trotted to him, handing him the letter. He sees my father's emblem and his eyebrows scrunch up, but he continues to observe the letter.

"Maid Kim wanted me to give that to you." I tell him after he observes it. "She said it was from my parents." He nods and hums in reply and opens the letter.

I look at him as his eyes roam to the words of the letter and as he read it, his eyes widen. That made my heart beat frantically.

"What? What was written in the letter?" I asked in curiosity, trying to take a peek of it. But he rolls the letter and hides it under his sleeve and grabs my hand. What did the stupid letter say?

"We have to get you out of here. Now." The Wizard guided me to a chair. It had a maroon velvet fabric and the arms were carved with the different symbols of the past kings. "This chair transports you to another realm leaving no memory of your past life." He explains.

"Why are you telling me this?" What he was saying didn't make any sense? What's the connection of it as to whatever's happening right now?

He sighs deeply. "Your parents wanted me to use this chair on you." He says gravely.

It suddenly felt like something heavy fell on my shoulders. I stayed rooted in my place. Why would they want the Wizard to use the chair on me? "What?" I breathed.

"Come on. We don't have enough time." He said with such urgency in his voice.

"It," I looked at the chair, then back at him. "It doesn't make any sense." Then the door started banging and banging making the ground slightly shake. They're here.

"Princess Alexza! Please sit on the chair, now." His tone made me snap out of my trance and I quickly walked to the chair. "Remember, you will not remember anything, in this place." I nod my head and close my eyes.

Just get it over with.

"I'm so sorry Princess Alexza." He shook his head as if thinking that it was a terrible idea but continued. The door banged open and I heard screaming but he swirled the wand into my head and everything went pitch black.

_____

Vote, Comment, Share!