Chapter 40: Back in Time

What the hell? My uncle died? Who the---

"Oh dear," she sighed with a fake sad face. "Your mom didn't tell you? How sad." She laughed a little and finally let go. I was dropped onto the ground and I am now choking for air. God, I'm weak.

"Let me tell you this story... Once upon a time," I remembered this, "There were three innocent kids running around the meadows. But then, someone died. The end." She laughed.

"Who... Why do I have an uncle? Mom never mentioned that before."

"It's because she's a selfish little bitch." She snarled. "She didn't care about Troian."

"Troian..." I murmured.

"He wanted to watch the sunset. He wanted to lay on the grass with us and watch the sun kiss the ground goodbye and see the moon rise. But, your mother," she spat. "Who insisted, left him."

"Wait, wha---"

"Your mother is the youngest, he's the middle, and I was the oldest. Because of the older sister jobs, I had to walk with her at the castle. I told him to stay there." Her voice broke and I can tell she felt pain in bringing this up. "But because he was good, he saved the man." She fell on her knees with tears streaming down her eyes.

"The man was being beaten by thugs, Troian wanted to save him so he used his magic. But little did he know that another man was trying to shoot him with an arrow, it—it pierced right through his chest. I was too late." She sobbed. "The thugs weren't found, and I had to weigh all the guilt on my shoulders, why did I leave him behind?"

Her expression suddenly changed, and she choked me again and laughed. "Then I realized, it was not my fault. It—was your mother's fault." She growled.

"I-I'm sorry, Queen Maria. I should've known. I don't deserve being The Chosen One with a dark past." She chuckled.

"That, we can both agree on." She then threw me knocking off the armor. "I don't need your pity Alexza."

I can't fight her. This is the reason why she's evil.

I stood up. I tried regaining my strength but then she laughed. I rose up an eyebrow.

"You really are naive and stupid like your mother." She chuckled again. "There is no Troian, no brother. I just wanted to see if you really believed me. Guess my acting skills does work on you."

I can't do this anymore. She tried hurting my mom abandoned her kids, killed Jonathan. That's it. I don't have to kill her. She has gotten stronger. All I have to do is stun herself. I started making my own spells. But I can't control it. My anger was controlling it. I tried stopping it. But I can't.

She stood there shocked too attack me. The walls of the room started crumbling.

Help...

Then, I felt something painful at my back. I turned around and saw an arrow that hit me. I fell to my knees but someone caught me, Jeremy.

"Who hit me?" I whispered this is the first I felt that talking needed so much effort.

"I'm so sorry. I had no choice. It's either this or you having to kill yourself because of your powers." He sobbed.

"What did you do?!" Jonathan shouted at Jeremy and his eyes darkened. But when he saw me, his expression changed. He fell beside me and cried.

"I should've gone here with you." He said.

I put my hand to his cheek. "It's ok. I'm gonna be ok. I'm strong, I can do this." I said.

I looked at Jeremy. "And you, thank you." I said as I kissed him. "Nice aim by the way." I joked and he just smiled sadly."

I have to tell him this before I die I guess. "Jeremy..."

He looked at me. "I--I--" and everything stopped. It felt like time stopped, everyone froze. What happened?

Then a flash of light shone everywhere. Everyone seemed to be fading away. What is happening? Am I dying? My eyes felt heavy. I couldn't feel my legs anymore.

"Alexza." His voice felt far and echoed.

"Alexza!" More voices started saying my name.

Then, I blacked out.

*************

I woke up in a meadow. I looked around. It felt peaceful. Where am I?

I stood up. Wait. I don't feel any pain at my back.

I saw a castle and walked to it. The village felt familiar and crowded. Everything felt like de ja vu. Am I back at the palace of Queen Maria? Where's Jonathan? Jeremy? I decided to ask a vendor.

"Excuse me, where am I?"

"You are at the King's Market, madame. Jewelry, do you want to buy jewelry madame?" He asks. I shook my head politely.

The last time I remembered, there was no king. Just queen. A very evil queen.

"King?"

"King Marcus the fourth. Married to a lovely queen, Queen Adeline. Has a daughter named Allyana."

King Marcus the fourth? My dad's... King Marcus the tenth.

_____

HEEEEY! THE BOOK IS DONE. HALLELUJAH! WEEE! I really apologize that it took so long to update this book. My mom accidentally deleted the 40th chapter that I wrote in her laptop because I borrowed her laptop while we were travelling. So I had to make a new one. I really am sorry about that.

The Modern Fairytale Series: (Book Two) The Deep Sleep will be published this June or August I guess. I needed some rest in writing. ehehehe.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU FOR THE PEOPLE WHO INSPIRED ME TO DO THIS.

My friends, Ate Alexza and Kuya Jeremy. They are the reason why I made this book in the first place. That's why their names are the main characters of this book. WEE!!!

While waiting for the second book, please do check out my other book:

The Wedding

Thank you! Love lots! <3