Chapter 4: The Vision

Alexza

The only friend I had ー I'm not even sure if he's a friend yet ー was Jeremy which obviously I couldn't find by the time Mr. Parker's class was finished. I sigh as I slung my bag at my shoulder and I walk to the canteen.

I scroll at my phone when I see Jeremy walking with his friends as they pass at me but as I glance at Jeremy, he smiles at me and I smile back. 

As I look to where I was going, someone taps my shoulder and when I turn, it was Jeremy. Smiling, again. "So, you're going to have lunch?" 

I nod my head and he smiles a bit wider. "Do you want to spend your lunch with us?" My eyes slightly widen at his invitation and I glance at his friends who were just talking and not minding our conversation. 

"Me?" I point to myself and he chuckles. "Are you sure?" 

He nods and shrugs as he reply, "yeah sure. Besides, they don't mind. They're friendly guys."

I look at them again and one of them waves at me and I wave awkwardly. Then he walks to us and he stuffs his hands in pocket. "You're Alexza?" I nod my head. 

"Damn Jem, she's pretty." My eyes widen at the guy's sudden compliment and my cheeks heat up at what he said. The first time I receive a compliment and it's actually from a stranger.

"Well," Jeremy shrugs and the boy chuckles. "This is Austin by the way." Jeremy gestures to the guy that gave me a compliment and he smirks.

"Hiya," he smiles. "Alexza." He extends his hand and I shake it. 

"Well?" Jeremy looks at me questioningly probably waiting for my reply to his invitation. 

I shrug and reply and okay and we all leave the school as we walk to the nearby McDonald's.

The first day has passed and I had some good friends. Jeremy's friends were really fun and there was never a minute that we would sit at out table, silent. We were either always laughing or just talking. I thought the McDonald's crew would kick us out. 

The door clicks open and I remove my shoes leaving it at the shoerack and Leila instantly welcomes me with a hug and a pie. 

"So, how was first day of school?" She asked excitedly.

"Fine." I shrug and she raises her eyebrows. 

"Was it that bad?" She slumps her shoulders. "I could transfer you to another school if you don't like it there."

My eyes slightly widen and I smile at her. "It really was fine," I exhale. "Nothing much just happened today, just met a few friends and that's it." 

She smiles at me warmly and gives me the plate. "That's good Alexza. Well, I think you're tired." She hugs me and walks back to the kitchen leaving me alone at our doorway with an apple pie at my hands. I sigh and walk upstairs.

I lock the door and I placed the pie at my table with the fork slightly clanking. I drop my bag at my bed and I fall to the bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about today's events. Mostly Jeremy. Soon, I drift off to sleep.

It was really gloomy. 

Where am I?

Then I saw a castle. Soldiers everywhere. They were gruffy and scary and the floors was covered in blood. Everywhere. Children were crying and women try to escape from the soldiers but they couldn't outrun them. A soldier just passed by me and I furrow my eyebrows. 

What is happening?

I was in a room, a bedroom. I saw myself, in a nightgown running from big men. I was holding someone's hand and I look frightened. Scared. Afraid.

I follow myself as I lock myself with the girl at a dark room and we pant from all the running and I was wiping her frail face. Then the door opened.

My eyes opened with sweat trickling at my forehead and my heart beating fast. It felt real. I sigh at whatever it was then I see the clock 2:45. I look outside and it was still dark.

Then I see myself still wearing yesterday's clothes and walk to the closet and wear pajamas. I carefully opened my door hoping not to wake them up and tiptoed downstairs.

As I open the fridge at the kitchen, my eyes quickly glance around the room as I feel someone looking at me. The hairs on my back stand up as I drink water from the bottle.

Be careful always, your highness.

I hear a whisper and I gasp as I see a shadow  by the door. 

I squint to try and see clearly of the man's figure. Though, it did not help knowing that the lights were turned off. "Who the hell are you and how did you get inside?" I tell the man but then bows slightly and he instantly vanishes. My mouth open and close like a fish as I was shocked that a man just disappeared suddenly. 

I probably need more sleep. I rub my eyes and head back to my room. I close my eyes and fell asleep.

"Jonathan, you weren't supposed to do that!" I hear whispers but all I see is nothingness, it was just pitch black.

"Wizard Elmor, you know I am her guardian." The voice sighs, "I was just looking out for her." 

I hear a bang and an old voice replies, "I am aware Jonathan. But showing up in the middle of the night and scaring her, I doubt that that's called 'looking out' for the young princess." 

Then a gasp I hear and shuffling sounds. "I can feel her." 

"What do you mean?" 

"She has finally unleashed her abilities." And with that, I woke up with beads of sweat trickling down my face and my chest heaving for air.

What the hell was that about? Was the only thing that came in my mind as I hear the shushed voices in my head.