07*

The noises around are so loud as I feel my eyes open

The noises around are so loud as I feel my eyes open. I blink multiple times, trying to get used to the blinding lights. A bunch of wires are attached to my body and seeing a bunch of unknown people had my senses enhanced.

My body was screaming danger while my mind was just silently agreeing. I see a woman dressed in a nurse's outfit hand me a glass of water.

Feeling that my throat is extremely dry I grab the glass and gulp it down in one go, not really caring about any of the contents it could have had.

"Where am I?" I croaked out after a minute of looking around.

"Ma'am, you are at the hospital. You ended up getting hit by a drunk driver causing you to fall into a coma. It was lucky that your fiancé was there to save you before, otherwise you could have died" The nurse explained causing me to frown.

"Fiancé? I don't have a fiancé?" I say in confusion. The nurse's eyes go wide before she grabs a phone a dials someone. She speaks to them for a minute before a couple other nurses come in with notepads.

"Okay ma'am. Do you remember your name?" She questions.

"Yes Briella"

"Alright, how about the month?" 

"If I'm not mistaken it is July"

"And your age"

"23" 

After a while, she looks up at me and frowns.

"It seems you remember everything. The crash didn't impact any of your memories, but it's quite interesting why you can't remember your fiancé" She thinks out loud before some of the other nurses join in to say their comments.

"I DON'T HAVE A FI-" I start to yell but my words were cut out of my throat when a man barged into the room. I started at him and lifted my hand to point at him wanting to know answers when the nurse stood up and approached him.

"Ah, right on time Sir Romero. It seems like your fiancé has had trouble remembering you. We are just going to run some more tests to ensure that nothing more extent is wrong. Maybe you could sit down and talk to her and retrace your memories?" The nurse advises. The unknown man nods at the nurse and walks in sitting in her spot which is right beside my bed. 

The rest of the nurses take their leave and right when the door shut behind us and it's only the two of us remaining he looks at us seriously.

I stare at him, my face turning into a glare.

"I am not going crazy. you are not my fiancé" I mutter under my breath as I take in his sharp facial features.

"No you aren't Ms. Alvarez, but that was the only way I was able to visit you without any suspicion" He explained coldly as he simply got up from the bedside and grabbed a laptop before returning back to his seat. He began doing his work but when he noticed me staring he turned back around to face.