49

The noises of the emergency room are all I can hear as we wait in the private waiting area

The noises of the emergency room are all I can hear as we wait in the private waiting area. Nurses and doctors are rushing around sending out signals trying to help my dying wife.

I stare blankly at the wall yet can faintly here the rest of what is happening around me. Isabella sobs have become increasingly loud as Roman tries to calm her down.

Ivan in pacing around back and forth which is slowly aggravating me further.

I could here my children's cries for their mother as my dad and Mama are on the other side of the waiting room with them trying to calm them down.

No one else was allowed in here due to security and privacy reasons.

All the sounds around me fade as I here the head nurse enter the room.

"Family of Briella Romero correct?" She calls out and a few nod their head.

"Alright, Mrs. Romero has suffered many internal bleeding alongside a fractured leg and arm. Her ribs are also broken. 

From the state you brought her in, Luckily she is alive, yet in critical condition more specifically a coma. Right now she is unresponsive and we are unsure how long she will be unresponsive for. I will update you all if anything new occurs. Any questions?" The nurse asks.

"What is her chance of survival?" Ivan asks while looking at her in hope.

"I don't want to put you hopes up but her chance of survival is less than 10%" The nurse answers and I hear him take a sharp breath. My eyes stare into the nurses and I stand up walking towards her suddenly not being able to control myself.

"If my wife does not make it out of their breathing, I promise you will wish your mother aborted you. GOT IT!?" I yelled harshly while holding the front of her shirt in a tight grip.

"Alexander, let go of her" I heard my father say sternly.

"AM I CLEAR OR NOT" I yell again hearing that she hasn't replied.

"Yes sir" She says, he face as white as a blank piece of paper. Once I let go of her grip, she practically runs out of them room. I ignore the looks and just blankly walk back to my seat and sit back down.

Suddenly I felt someone approach. I looked up and saw Mama holding Alayah. She extended her hand towards me.

"Here, hold her" She says softly and I look at my daughter than look away. The guilt seeps through me but I ignore it. When I heard a small cry I look back to her in panic and almost snatch my daughter away becoming protective.

I hold my daughter into my chest as she whines in my hold. I take a sharp breath and hold her tighter wanting to feel something.

Slowly the tears fall from my eyes.

She looks like Briella and she still carrying her scent. I stay quiet as the tears fall holding still as Alayah leans her head on my shoulder slowly falling asleep.