30

We had just left Sidorov Inc and headed outside as Briella's Assistant led us to the main area

We had just left Sidorov Inc and headed outside as Briella's Assistant led us to the main area. My driver was waiting for us right in front as a stunned Roman and Brian stayed silent. 

Raven bid us goodbye before we got into the car. Brian taking the front seat besides the driver and Roman and I in the back.

"All set president" My driver asked and I nodded my head. He turned back around starting the car,

"Boss, I don't mean to overstep but wasn't that women your previous assistant" Brian spoke first while turning to look at me.

"Yeah" I replied non chalantly. Roman stared at me as so many questions flooded through him but he wasn't able to say anything in the presence of Brian so he held his mouth the shut the entire ride. 

----

"President we have arrived" Our driver said. I nodded my head and then looked towards my assistant.

"Brian, could you head up and start with the work I assigned, I have to speak with Roman here for a second" I said looking at him.

"Sure Boss" he replied and stepped out of the car heading towards the building once he was out of sight, Roman exploded.

"SHE IS THE DAUGHTER OF SIDOROV" He screeched out causing me let out a sigh as I threw my head back in annoyance.

"I saw this coming" I muttered under my breath.

"What do you mean you saw this coming. You knew! For how long?" He yelled out. I just silently unbuckled my seatbelt.

"First off, shut up. Second, we'll talk inside my office" i said firmly and he took a moment to compose himself before nodding. I stepped out of the car with him not far behind. Immediately we walked inside and were greeted with some of the workers.

I first walked up to our receptionist. She was too engrossed with typing she didn't notice my presence. I cleared my throat causing her head to turn towards me.

"President Romero, I apologize. I didn't see you there. Is there anything I can do for you?" She asked as her body stiffened.

"Don't allow anyone up without calling me" I ordered and she nodded her head.

"Good" I replied and walked through. Roman was already inside the private elevator so I simply walked inside. 

We went to the top floor and I quickly got out my keys and opened the office door. I entered and let Roman through before locking it behind me. He immediately threw his body on the sofa as he unbuttoned his suit.

I walked towards my chair placing my work bag to my side before taking a seat. 

"So mind telling me what that was about?" He asked.

"I cannot go into detail but I will say that after Anastasia's death we figured out that she was her long lost daughter and heiress to the company. Passing on, she was to take over and Ivan, the supposed Heir was to help her. Her mother had her reasons but it was pure coincidence if I'm being honest" I tried to explain to the best of my abilities.