20*

The day of the company celebration came before I even knew it

It was just before four in the afternoon when I entered the mansion. I quickly hurried upstairs to my room. Changing out of my clothes, I walked towards the bathroom and took a long and relaxing shower. 

Once I was done, I hopped out of the shower and wrapped a robe around my body. Exiting the bathroom, I grabbed my hair and makeup basket before walking towards her vanity.

I sat at my vanity took out all the supplies and quickly did a light makeup and hair. I was going to fully finish off my makeup at the ball but I know I'm not going to have time then so I did the base of my makeup.

Onec I was done, I threw a romper and some light sweats on. I put my dress and shoes as well as my accessories inside my purse since I was helping with the last-minute preparations around the hall and didn't want to mess up my dress.

I quickly stood up and grabbed her purse before heading out of her room. I walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen. Right when I did, I was met with Martha making some food.

"Hello dear. Can I get you something?" Martha asked with a bright smile.

"Yes please. Can I just have a soda with Ice" I replied politely. 

"Of course. take a seat" Martha said and then went to the fridge to grab a soda. She placed it on the table and also reached for a glass filling it to the brim with ice.

Opening the soda she poured it into the glass, popped a straw in, and then placed it in front of me.

"Here you are" Martha said with a smile and then left to go put everything away. I gave her a thankful nod and took a couple sips of the drink. After a couple sips, I stood up carrying the drink with me.

"I must leave now Martha. Thank You" I said while walking towards the door.

"No problem dear. Have fun at the celebration" Martha called out as I closed the door to the kitchen.

I approached the front door and put on a pair of sneakers. Grabbing the pair of keys that Alexander had left me this morning, I put them in my purse as well and then headed out.

 I got into the car and started the engine. While waiting for the car to heat up a bit, I got my belongings situated and buckled myself in.

Once I was done I closed the door and then drove off.

-----

While on the freeway toward my destination, my phone began ringing. I looked at the caller ID to see it was Ava.

"Hello" I said while putting the phone on speaker.

"Hey babe, where are you? We are all waiting" She said as I heard the background noises of the people around her.