10*

My eyes flicker open as I shake my head, getting out of the blank headspace I was in

My eyes flicker open as I shake my head, getting out of the blank headspace I was in. Even though it only felt like a second, the time and environment felt like longer than a second. As I looked at Roman, I gave him a questioning gaze while he looked horrified.

"Alex" He asks with worry and doubt.

"Yeah" I reply groggily while rubbing my forehead.

"What happened?" I questioned in continuation.

"Xander happened" He exclaimed as his face showed a sense of relief and calmness. My mouth parted for a second taking in what he said.

"You got too triggered by my hand resting on Briella's arm, also by making her smile and laugh that Xander took over you. Someone was so jealous" He explained with a mocking smirk.

"Xander is different from me okay" I retorted back with a huff but even I knew I was lying. It was very obvious but I would never admit it.

"Whatever, you can do what you want. I'm going to go back to my office" I continued in a cold tone before walking off. I really didn't want to have this conversation with him again.

"Hey! Where are you going? The conversation isn't over" He said in a distance while jogging to catch up to me.

When he caught up to me, he put a hand on my shoulder trying to turn me around causing me to glare at him.

"Okay okay. I won't touch you. But you do know that you can't hide this from her forever right? Just because I was able to sway her attention today doesn't mean she will not figure out the entire truth" He exclaimed. I glared at him more harshly causing him to back off and raise his hand in surrender.

"Fine I won't say anything but think about it" Roman then mutters as his voice becomes a little softer. I nod my head in agreement and then walk a little farther before entering my office.

The cold dark room comes into view as I walk towards the chair. The windows are fully open and the harsh winds blow like a way of speaking to the darkness and all that lies within it.

While focusing my gaze on the dark windows, I stand up and walk towards it slowly. I take slow but big steps as I reach forward and lean my arms on the hood with caution.

From the vision of my office, the dark forest lies tall and majestic. The creeks and sounds evade my ears as I stare into the darkness. 

I blink once.

And twice.

Then the third time.

As I opened my eyes the sound of thunder and lightning struck and the rain began to pour out. The dark woods flash before my eyes driving memories to resurface. Her harsh words and degrades are like a bad dream that keep invading my mind.

Shaking my head a couple times trying to get rid of my thoughts I continue to stare out as the rain and thunder take over the night sky. Darkness and hatred pool into my eyes but a sense of comfort overseas it as I look at the magical view in front of me.