50

5 Days Later

5 Days Later

I have been locked in the beach house ever since then. Everyone I know has attempted to call me but I haven't cared to answer back.

The only text I answered too was the one talking about Ella's funeral. They went and did it without me because I knew that I wasn't able to attend it.

It was yesterday morning.

Food got delivered to my house every two days by dad but its still pilled at the front door waiting to be put somewhere.

I have either been staring at the windows of the night sky or sleeping in mine and Ella's bed. All her clothes are taken down and the only way I am able to go to sleep is when I am cuddling with one of her shirts.

I have spoken to myself almost imaging that she was beside me.

The first morning was the worst. I woke up and I would usually kiss her but realized that the spot beside me was empty.

That was when reality actually sank into me. 

The reality that I would never be able to hold her, cuddle her, kiss her, tease her, or play around with her.

The reality that she is no longer alive.

I broke down that morning not being able to handle it. I was lucky that I had my children, that at least a trace of her remains.

---

I heard my phone ring and lifted my head from the bed to pick it up. I saw it was Roman calling me.

I answered the call not saying a word.

"Hello Alex?" He called out.

"Hmm" I replied.

"I'll be their in twenty" He said and I stayed quiet. He then opened his mouth and continued.

"I know you don't want to go to court but right now, you need to be present if want Lopez locked away" He said. 

I hung up the phone.

It took me a good five minutes of just trying to convince myself that this was okay to do before I was able to stand up. 

I headed towards the closet and got out a suit and laid it on the bed. Grabbing a towel I headed towards the shower. Looking at the door to the shower, memories to the day of the event flashes before my eyes as I stiffened.

I headed inside and for the first time, I left the door to the bathroom open. Out of fear.

I quickly took a shower as fast as possible and exited. I got ready and walked out the bathroom inside the room. 

Looking around, I was utterly paranoid, thinking that someone must have broken into the house.

When I saw nothing, I calmed down a bit and then fixed my suit. I took Ella's favorite cologne and sprayed some on my clothing and wrists before grabbing my coat draping it over my shoulders. Once I was all set I headed down the stairs.