24

I walk towards the living room and take out the item from the bag

I walk towards the living room and take out the item from the bag. With shaky hands I feel a CD come out.

My frown deepens in confusion. Lightly blowing on the CD, I walk towards where all the DVD is and insert it. The CD begins working and the television suddenly turns on as a recording begins to play.

"Hi baby. I know you probably don't recognize me. It seriously has been a while since you were informed I died. Yes, I am your mother. I never left for selfish reasons, rather for your safety. You were my precious little girl and I hate myself every single moment that I wasn't there for you. When I left I was pregnant with you little brother. You will get to know him soon and I hope you connect with him. Growing up I showed him all kinds of pictures of you so he will recognize you at first glace. He also knows that he will meet you soon enough.

If you still don't believe me, then do you remember Maya. Go grab he and open the zipper on the back of her sweater. if no one touched it then I left a note in there for you-" Once she said that I paused the video running up the stairs ignoring Alexanders calls.

I barged into my room and picked up the teddy that was sitting on the dresser. I turned it around and unzipped it.

She was right.

Inside was a note. 

| Briella and Anastasia -Love you my Daughter|

Beside it was a drawing on a leopard, my favorite animal. Tears formed in my eyes as I left Maya behind and rushed back downstairs with the note in my hand. I grabbed the remote from Alexander and played it.

"If you receive this video, I am dead. He killed me. I know you thought he was dead but he isn't. and he is coming for you next. Right now I need you to stay safe and take over the company for me. Your brother will guide you through everything. He has no interest in the company even though I trained him which is why he will be more than happy to hand it down. Also congratulations on you marriage. I know I always find a way to hate on your husband and he is a bit of a bitch- Scratch that, he is a bitch. But deep down he is a good man and he will take care of you. With him on your side, you guys could finally merge the companies and work together. Take care my daughter. I'll see you in the next life" 

And with that the video went black. Tears dripped down from my face as my other hand gripped onto the remote control for dear life.

My mother was alive all this time. And she died in the hands of that monster. Why is he still alive, he should be six feet in the ground.

"M-mama" I stuttered out wanting to feel something. Wanting to feel something other than pain. Alexander stood walking towards he as he pulled me in for a hug, letting me sob on his chest. 

We stayed there for a couple minutes before, the front doorbell rung. I pulled away from him and Alexander stood up and walked towards it to open it. I flowed behind while still keeping a distance.