by your side. pierro

pairing: pierro x reader

prompt: you, are pierro's secretary. always trailing behind him and always beside him.

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║

you have been the secretary for the very first fatui harbinger since he was appointed by the Tsaritsa, and ever since then you were always at his tail and at the ready for any of his orders.

the first few years were awkwardly quiet. no one made a sound unless it was necessary. the agents around were quick to hush whenever they were in his presence. after some time you've grown used to it.

but with that said, being with pierro for as long as you remember you were the one he always relied on and trusted the most. on late nights were the both of you were in his office finishing paper works, to late nights silently drinking fire-water afterwards, on missions to other nations, you two were always together. a sight that everyone in the zapolarny palace was very much accustomed to.

and in all those years, a feeling of affection started blooming in you. a feeling that you always had to push down. you couldn't help it, who wouldn't when someone as cold as he is still capable of being vulnerable and you were the only one who was there to see it.

the mourning for the lost of the 8th harbinger has ended but even still the palace was still gloomy. you couldn't help but feel bad for the 8th especially when she was the one who collected the first 3 gnoses but in the end got betrayed by the 6th. what a tragedy has befallen the fair lady.

"y/n." pierro's voice called to you, motioning you to come closer. "sit down and have a drink with me." he ordered as he set down the bottle of fire-water on his desk. "yes, my lord." you followed suit and grabbed two glasses before you sat down.

he poured the liquor into the glasses each being filled half way. he brought the glass up to his lip and sipped and you did the same.

"has the same fate befallen my son?"

he wonders as he looks out the window. the scenery of endless snow and darkness with only the lights of some houses can be seen.

"i can have our agents investigate that my lord, if you wish to do so." you suggested. the stories of how his kingdom fell and how he had to leave his son in another nation is nothing new to you, whenever pierro has one to many drinks this story is what he retells over and over again.

"mondstat..." pierro says continuing to look out the window. "we have a a few agents in mondstat and i can contact them right away." you got up and was about to send out orders in any minute.

"sit." he commands with a stern voice. "yes, my lord." you obeyed and sat down. there was a sudden change in the room's atmosphere. pierro sighs and sits down on his chair. "he was only young when i left him by a mansion not far from the main city. it was heavily rain that day."

'ah, this story is one i've heard before.' you thought but continued to listen nonetheless. "the abyss.." he said in a low voice before gulping down the liquor. "i wonder what fate would have befallen him once the people around him found out.." gripping the glass in his hand tightly, slowly you reached over for his hand. your heart started beating erratically, "if that day ever comes i am sure that your son will not let himself get killed easily." you reassured. he looked at you and your hands. pierro relaxed, "i do hope so."

you retracted your hands once he calmed.

'and along that way i will be by your side, my lord.'

little do they know that kaeya almost lost his life if not for his vision suddenly appearing between the fight after he told his adoptive brother about his secret.

━━━━━━━━━ by your side.

おわり

end.

note: if any of you guys didn't know there is a hc within #genhsintwt that pierro may be kaeya's father. but ofc that is only a hc.