lullaby. columbina

pairing: columbina x reader
prompt: you couldn't sleep so you decided to roam the empty hall of the palace, until you reached a room and heard her singing.

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║

The night was deep and the temperature was low. Everyone in the Zapolyarny palace are asleep, except for you.

You roamed the empty halls of the palace, your own footsteps resounded through the hall. Deafening silence consumed the place, but what could you do you couldn't sleep and wasn't tired either.

'Should I go to the pantry and get me some warm tea or milk?' You wondered as you continued walking. As soon as you reached a room that had its doors ajar, you heard a song. Someone was singing.

Out of curiosity you opened the door and peeked your head in only then did you realise who it was.

'I didn't know that she, Lady Columbina has such a beautiful singing voice.'

You didn't think that what you were doing was bad so you went in quietly and continued on listening. Little by little you felt sleepy unable to keep your eyes up you slipped and hit your hand a little too loudly on the door. The singing stopped.

'Shit..'

You inhaled sharply and tried to make an escape.

"Hoohoo, looks like I have an audience. Show yourself, dear." She asked out tilting her head to your place.

"Ah, ahahaha... I must have sleepwalked all the way here malady. I'll excuse myself now." You tried again to escape after revealing yourself but it was useless since she called out again. "Sleepwalked? But you couldn't sleep, right?" She asked, her eyes now looking at you. 'Ah, I've been found out. The harbingers really are psychics.'

"Well it doesn't matter, come here. I'll sing you a lullaby." She said and smiled. She pat the right side to her indicating where you were to sit. You slowly moved towards her, and sat, she then pulls your head down to her lap. You didn't resist and just let it.

"I'll begin then."

As soon as she started, the drowsiness from earlier came back, and little by little you were lulled to sleep.

"Sweet dreams, dear."

━━━━━lullaby

おわり
end.