last dance. la signora

pairing: la signora x reader
prompt: the night before signora leaves for inazuma to retrieve the gnosis, the both of you danced the night away.

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║

This night seems colder than usual. Frost starting to form on your fingertips. You put on your gloves, the ones she had given on your very first mission together.

You bring your hands up to face and nuzzle in the warmth.

"The banquet is about to start." an agent brings you out of your trance. You looked at the agent and nodded.

This banquet was a dinner held by Her Majesty for Signora for she was going on a mission to the land of eternity, inazuma.

You stepped into the room, you saw the lavish interior and a long table filled with all kinds of snezhnayan cuisines. You scanned the room and when your eyes landed on a certain tall lady you smiled and walked up to her.

"A wonderful evening to you malady." You bowed, your eyes met and within the icy eyes you saw a hint of warmth I them. "Good evening to you too, Agent Y/n." Signora greeted back.

Before you could utter another word the doors opened an a gush of cold wind entered the room, signaling everyone that the Tsaritsa was here. Everyone went to their places and greeted Her Majesty with utmost respect. When she sat down the banquet had finally begun.

Any words you were about to say were swallowed back and held throughout the night.

A few hours after the banquet has started, the Tsaritsa called for Signora and talked asking to to talk to her in private you were left in your seat. On your right was the 5th harbinger, Pulcinella.

"Go after her and tell her." He suddenly spoke beside you, you were startled and looked to your right, "I don't know what you mean Lord Pulcinella." You answered, deep down though you knew what he meant.

You've had these feelings for the 8th harbinger for quite sometime now but always kept it at bay knowing that it will never be returned for Signora only and will only love his late husband.

"You know exactly what I meant." He answered back.
"It's hopeless my lord she would never." You sighed defeated.
"Trying won't harm."

You were now at the balcony waiting for the Tsaritsa to leave so you can talk to Signora. Even with the gloves on your hands were still cold. You tried to shake the nervousness off. If the confession doesn't go as planned there was always the cellar filled with fire-water to consume.

"Y/n." You jumped and turned to see the person who called you. "I didn't see you at your seat but Pulcinella told me that I would find you here." She walked closer. "So what was it you wanted to tell me." Your train of thoughts stopped and you could only stare. Frozen in place.

"I, I..."

The snow began to fall and a snowflake landed on your cheek. Signora raised her hand and wiped the snow of your cheek. You could feel the warmth of her hands and maybe in that moment you could also melt. With her hand on your cheek, and eyes looking tenderly at you. You looked with the same adoration.

Suddenly, music from inside can be heard and in that moment you knew just what to say.

"Lady Sig- I mean Lady Rosalyne may I take this opportunity to dance with you?" You asked bowing and your hands waiting for hers to place it on yours.

"Yes." Such a simple answer but it made your heart warm despite the coldness outside.

The both of you danced the night away. With such bliss. Smiles on both of your faces.

Without knowing the fate that follows.

━━━━━last dance

おわり
end.

note: gosh I love this woman.