comfort. childe

pairing: childe x reader
prompt: childe has just come back from his mission at Liyue and told you of his woes, and you the caring friend that you are comforted him.

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║

"Have you heard? The 11th harbinger is returning tonight from his mission in Liyue."

These were the whispers going around in your village and where Childe lives, Morepesok. It has been months since the whole town has seen him, and although he was quite known here his parents still didn't know it was him.

Clutching the letter you received from him, you skipped in joy.

You have liked Childe or Ajax the name you were more familiar with, since you were kids and grew up until now. It never came to you as a threat when you found out he was part of the fatui much less a harbinger, instead you went along with it. Childe does look stunning on the battlefield anyways.

On the other hand, you were a known chef in your town and some other parts of Snezhnaya for "making such a dish that even the Lord 11th loves" or as the news goes. Truth be told you started cooking just to have a reason to have Childe around, though you'd rather just keep that to yourself.

The time was nearing and you couldn't help but feel jittery. 'Just a little more...' you thought as you waited by the window of your restaurant.

After an hour, as you were waiting now outside by the door, you heard cheering from a short distance. "He's here." You said aloud. You hurried inside to make a litle more fixing to the place and maybe to yourself too.

The bell atop the restaurant's door then chimed, you turned and saw the person you were longing for. But, wait, is that a frown you see. Instead of speaking, you opened your arms wide and just like that you two embraced one another.

Sitting in front of each other and a warm bowl of Childe's favorite dish, you caught up with each other's lives as you ate.

"I can't help but bring this up Ajax." You started, a cup of firewater in hand.

"What is it y/n?" He asked, not in the tone you were used to, "Well, what happened? What or ..." you raised the glass to your lips to take a sip. "Or what y/n? It's not like you to beat around the bush, comrade." You put down the glass and looked him directly in the eye, making him also put down his glass.

"...who is the reason for your sorrow, comrade." You stated sternly, raising a brow while taking another sip. "Haha, you caught on quickly Y/n." He said sheepishly, shaking his glass slowly. "Of course. I've known you since we were young, Ajax. You can't hide anything from me. So tell me, who is it?" Hands in front of you as if you were integorrating a criminal.

"Well there was this certain consultant... or should I say archon."

He then told all of the events that happened at his time in Liyue, but most importantly telling how he was involved on a personal level with a now former archon.

"Wow... that's something you don't hear everyday. That was something out of a soap opera minus the archon part." You stated, still kinda shocked with the information relayed to you, you stretched and then placed your hand over Childe's.

"You know Ajax, if that were me I would never do that to you."

You two stared at each other, Childe's cheeks then started turning pink. You noticed this and took your hands off his.

"I will not take that back." You said casually and got up.

"Let's down a bottle more of fire water for the tragedy that has befallen you, comrade."

━━━━━━comf̸l̸i̸r̸t̸fort

おわり
end.

note: the quote that inspired this fic is a filo one that goes, "kung ako yun di kita gaganonin.".
and that's how i came up with this fic.
anyways, childe is finally getting a rerun.
r u pulling or skipping.
me i'll be skipping imma wait for scara.

request page is up next ^^
stay tuned :3