Chapter 1

"Anny Palmer ." I heard my name being called out from the list.

Our manager, Mr Dean, looked at me for a brief moment before continuing to read the rest of the names

Our manager, Mr Dean, looked at me for a brief moment before continuing to read the rest of the names. I knew then I was a goner. I've worked in Beatty Beauty Enterprise for a pretty long time. Maybe two years or so. Thinking about all the moments here, it was hard for me to believe I wasn't lucky enough to stay.

"You all have heard the list. The board of directors have already decided those who are leaving us today. I believe you all got the memo. So anyone who's name I've called, pack your belongings before noon. Will meet right here when your done." he announced before walking out of the conference hall. The only thing that echoed in my ears were his footsteps.

" This is so sudden. "My friend Gabby Maxwell spoke before we stood from our chairs.

" Yah! "I agreed with her

Both our names were called. We walked back to our post sympathizing each others situation. I on the other hand knew I'd be better off with my savings, well I can't say the same about Gabby. She'd been having trouble paying her deceased parents debt. I felt sorry for her more than at myself.

"Gabby come stay with me." I spoke out of the blues.

Her eyes widened while looking at me, for a second I saw her eyes become watery. Maybe this got her by surprise and all emotional.

"Thank you Anny for this." she spoke in between sobs.

"Wipe those ugly tears before I change my mind." I teased.

This got her in a good mood. Quickly we packed up our stuff. On our way to the conference hall manager Dean summoned me for a private talk. We stepped away in a more quiet place after telling Gabby to wait for me.

"Mis Anny you know you are one of our best employees." he started. "but the company has decided to cut you off because of the lack of new ideas. We have employed someone knew who has more experience." he dragged the last part. I felt more betrayed considering the fact that I was always working my ass out to come up with better proposals for the company.