Chapter 30

"I'll miss you girl. Don't worry I'll be home tomorrow noon."

We both hugged before I walked away from her. Taking few steps, I heard a familiar voice calling me from my back. I turned to prove if what I had heard was true. There he was standing in front of Gabby eyeing both of us.

There and then I wished the world would end ASAP. He came smiling ear to ear exposing all his dental formula.

"Nano." I spoke his name out loud.

"The one and only." He bragged.

Gabby came rushing to me. Seems she saw through my worried looks when I saw Nano. She held onto my arm looking at Nano seriously.

"Who is she?" He asked looking at the direction where Gabby stood.

"What is your deal dude!" She asked harshly.

"Relax beautiful. This is just not more than a mere coincidence. Am surprised too." He stated.

"Anny who is this?" Gabby asked.

"He is my second brother." I regretted so much ever using the word brother to refer to him and introduce him also.

"Looks to me more like a corn man or a thug than a brother."she dead pan.

Shit! I cursed. Now she has made the whole situation worse. Nano Omar Valentina hates when a different gender speaks ill about him. Slowly he made his way to where we stood and stood opposite to Gabby. Just a step away from her. Aligned himself with Gabby's height.

"Listen pretty girl. Don't think because you are a girl that I'd let you talk trash about me. We barely know each other so let's keep it that way." He warned.

On the other side Gab is the type to air out her thoughts even though they aren't needed most of the time.

" Listen creepy guy, I don't care who the hell you are. The fact still remains you look more like a thug. When was the last time you looked at yourself in the mirror?"

Now I was done for.

"Gabby." I whispered her name loud enough to grab her attention back to me.

I slightly shook my head in disapproval. She understood clearly what I meant. On the other hand Nano slightly smirked, Knowing clearly the kind of tension he instilled in me.

"Dad will be happy to see you." He stated.

Now I was scared. Nano is the type to do what he says. His eyes were dark as he came near me. Gabby became alarmed and shielded me. Suddenly Nano pushed Gabby away making her hit the ground.

This in turn attracted attention. Many looked at us as I on the hand tried to help Gabby up. I felt a hard grasp on me, grabbing me and shoving me aside. I was scared to the core. He dragged me away.

'' Gabby tell Lukah everything, ok.'' i shouted beck at her.

I was in deep shit right now. This wasn't the time for all this. My dad will kill me the moment he sees me. I ran away from home but it wasn't that he would not find me in a span of weeks. Yet he never bothered to look for me. At first i was worried about my disappearance later I decided to drop the whole thing.

He had no intention to order a search party for me. I was the prodigal daughter in all of this. My family has never been a part of me. I was on my own in all this. Had unbearable siblings, a mother who loved me yet he had no way of helping me out and a father who I'd so much love to never see ever again.

Everyone in the airport became aware of the situation. This inturn alarmed the security personnel. Soon they were on their way to where the three of us stood.

"Is everything alright, miss?" The question was directed to me.

I was about to answer with a big 'no', when Nano chipped in.

"Yes we are so good here." He spoke putting up an innocent smile to hide all his demon like nature.

That was expected of him. Lover of creating trouble but yet hated authorities to the core. Can't blame him, that's how we all were brought up. The so called Matthew's family slogan.

The security personnel had no need to stay hence they resumed there normal routine. Gabby looked at me as tears ran downs her eyes. she shouted back and assured me everything is going to be okay. A part of me wanted so bad to believe her but i couldn't. Judging by the past i was as good as dead.

'' Nano you are hurting me.'' i shouted at him.

''You seriously think i care.'' He shouted back at me.

I remained silent. Judging by his nature he didn't care one bit. Closely, I followed behind assuring myself everything will be okay. I had the hope of both Max and Lukah will come to save me. Yet who was I kidding. Max was nowhere to be found, but at least I still had Lukah.

"You are pretty slow compared to what Jackson spoke about you." He spoke out of the blues.

Yap. I expected that from Jackson. He has always been the big mouth of the family. Gossip is his thing. Sometimes it helps but most times it destroys.

"So I've been the source of the Matthew's entertainment." I spoke once I had settled besides Jackson.

"You should be proud. Bet dad can't wait to see you."

I hoped so much for a different turn out. Seeing my family was something I had to learn how to be prepared for any possible outcome of negativity.

"I am." For once I tried to be tough.

"Keep that up and you'll probably die sooner than expected." He warned.

My toughness was so much ready to leave me than I had hoped to. I was left scarred. Past wounds opened up quickly than they should. That was a reminder that one day they will get tired of me and decide I wasn't needed anymore.

" Buckle up. It's a tough ride."

That was more of a warning than an advice. Either way I was scared beyond doubt. I wasn't prepared to meet them. Part of me was guilty yet another wasn't. It was the best decision I had ever made.

Time sure do fly by when you don't want it to. This was it. My whole achievement was going down the drain. What I have built seems to disappear through thin air and I couldn't do anything about it.

"Are you going to stand or should I help you." He spoke disrupting me from my thoughts.

There I was standing lazily. Suddenly he tried to touch me. That's when my demons kicked in. I punched him out of the blues. Blood oozed from his nostrils uncontrollably.

" The heck? Anny. "He cursed.

" Sorry. "I quickly apologize for what I had done.

I snapped out of it soon enough to request for a first aid kit before things could get uglier. The attendants were kind enough to cooperate with me.

Soon we were both out of the plane. That was after taking care of his bloody nose. Funny thing he cooperated well. Well he threatened me a couple of times even after we had settled in the car being driven home.

I missed London but I preferred more Australia. Some things are better being left buried deep inside. A constant reminder wasn't that pleasing at all.

"Nice to be home." He spoke.

I watched him in surprise. How? He has literally never left home. Even after dad told him to find his own place he literally begged to stay.

"You should be confused. This whole thing... Me leaving home was your shit. I came to look for you just because I was super scared of what would happen to you."

Surprised. Yah? I am too. He has never been this nice. It has been like 3 years since I ran away from home. I watched him for the briefest seconds before deciding to speak.

" You are the worst brother of all time. Pardon me when I say I don't believe you." I spoke my mind out.

"Your lose." He spoke and with that we didn't talk the whole journey back home.

"You probably should take a shower it's going to be a long night." He informed me while walking away.