Chapter 31

For a moment there I debated on whether to escape or leave it. It has already been a mess this entire time. Now that i was back home , I could actually prove my capabilities. Deep down I knew that i was a tough one. Mr. Mathew was the one who had a serious issue with believing a different gender other than his could actually lead. Being the black sheep of the family has been always hard for me. Severally I had to prove myself. Well not this time.

''Anny..!'' I heard my mum's worried voice from behind.

Quickly I turned to face her. There she was, the person who i had adore for so long. I was astonished to see how aged she had become. It has been three years since we had seen each other. Now this was the face that i was met with.

''Mum, is that you?'' I asked in a low tone.

''The one and only.'' She answered in a jovial tone.

I knew she was my dear mum but i had to confirm. When I left her face was much prettier compare to what i was seeing now. I was taken back to the days she used to put make up on and attend gatherings with my dad. many praised her due to the fact that she was pretty.

'' My dear, what are you doing here?'' she asked confused.

'' Mum ,Nano brought me back.'' I stated.

'' Impossible , could your father had him bring you back.'' that was more of a statement than a question.

''I doubt that.'' i spoke sitting at the edge of the bed.

''Just came here to check who turned on the lights. Mostly Nano is the one who usually come to clear his mind here.''

That came as a surprise to me. Nano, this Nano or someone else. Hard to believe. Why would he do such a thing.

"clear his mind. More like vent his anger on an invincible me."

That made her slightly laugh. I was happy but at the same time hurt. I chose to leave home three years ago instead of being here for her. Yet if I could have stayed, then I'd most likely be dead by now. So I don't regret having made that decision.

"My baby girl. You have grown to be a fine lady. Poor you this wasn't the best place for you to call home.''

I saw a tear drop escape her eyes as she took my hand into hers. The warmth reminded me of the times she would hold me when i was in trouble. Now I understood the pain of being inferior. Yet I wasn't going to let that pull me back. Being with Max had taught me how to stand up for my self.

''Don't worry mum I'll be okay.'' I assured her.

Slightly I smiled to make her feel better . One way or another I felt as if I had her support. That meant a lot to me. Its all the energy I needed. Yet I found myself longing to be with Max. He had ran away from our deal and now I was back to where I had escaped From. How unlucky could I be.

''Sleep for now , am betting tomorrow is going to be a long day.''

With that she excused herself leaving me to battle with my fears all by myself. There i was heading to take shower. I was indeed tired. Putting all my worry and fear aside I took everything in as it came. I had better ways of coping with everything. I wasn't ready to let things go by pass me. Living in constant fear of my dad was all I knew, yet this was a new me. No longer the scared little girl my family had brought up.

''Annah. '' I heard his deep voice in the other side of the room.

I took my towel wrapped myself with it and made my way to the other side of my room.

''Nano, what are you doing her?'' I asked.

His eyes never leaving mine. Felt a little odd. Yah he was my brother but the way he looked at me was way different than the last time.