Chapter 16

"Careful little one, you are on speaker. Am in a meeting." he spoke.

The moment he said that I was paralyzed. The hell was he thinking. I put myself together and remained calm.

"How many people?" I finally asked.

"Maybe fifty or more." he answered.

"What! Max when you get back home am killing you." I dared him.

"Love you too Mis Anny Palmer."

With that I ended the call. How can he do that. At one point I was glad, he made it official. Am sure the meeting held his business partners. Maybe he'll one day introduce me as his girlfriend.

"Anny are you okay?" I heard Gabby's voice.

"Yah! Am good."

We both got in the car. Jerald drove our car while two cars escorted us. One in the front and one at the back.

* * * * * * * * *
MAXIMILIAN POV

I watched her sleep before I did. A quick nap was supposed to get me some time before I disappeared for a week. This was enough time for her to think about what she wanted. I feel like she's holding back.

When she was breathing softly I knew then it was my time to take action. Didn't want to see her sad when I leave. We just slept together and now I was about to tell her I'd be gone for a week. That could break her and she'd see me like a guy who wanted her just for the body pleasure.

Lucky me I was already prepared. My suitcase was hidden in the inner room just incase she would roam around. There I was slowly untangling myself from her embrace. We had cuddled for a nap.

I hurried to where my traveling bag was and took it. When I saw her turn I bed, I was frightened for a second there. Seeing her sleeping face made me at ease. Down the stairs I walked.

"Ready." I directed it to Lukah who was busy giving orders to the main chef.

"I guess I am."he responded.

" Gabby take care of Anny for me and don't wake her up yet. She's tired after last night. I bragged.

We both walked away. In my basement parking area, I gave strict orders for Jerald Park, the leader of my body guard team, to look after Anny. I was sure she'd want to go for a walk or shopping. We drove off to the airport.

In London I was supposed to have a meeting with the board members and stakeholders instead I joined them all. I had no time to waste. Then I got a call from Anny. I didn't want to face her wrath in my ear so I put it in speaker. Everyone in the conference hall was dead silent listening to our conversation.

The moment Anny dared me I knew I was a goner. Everyone looked at me smiling. Some talked amongst themselves in low tones. Am pretty sure that was gossip. Not once have I ever received a call from anyone in the middle of a meeting, yet today here I am.

I'd never let anyone talk to me the way she does. She even went to the extent of daring me, when I get back home she'd kill me. What made me happy was that she called my house her home. For a while I've been meaning to ask her to move in with me, but I guess it's too early for that.

I held it in for the fear that it might change her mind about being with me. At the end of our conversation I made sure to remind her that I loved her before the line died.

"Umm! Sir is that your girlfriend?" One of the members asked.

"Yes she is." I answered proudly.

In the back of my mind I knew that I had not asked her about it but to me she was already mine. I slightly smiled before we resumed to serious business.