Chapter 49

MAX POV

All this while she has been getting on my nerves. I don't like crying women at all. Even though I still loved her, I couldn't deal with her at the moment. My drug consumption was at a risk. The doctor said my health was diminishing. I regretted ever letting my Tasha go to that mission. I had no way of telling her mother she might be dead. It has been five years but still I have no clue about her whereabouts. What scared me more was loosing my leadership authority over Lucious gang. This particular day I called her to put some sense into her.

"Max spill it." I heard her coarse voice.

Looking past the laptop that laid in my study I made out her face. She had marks all over. Her eyes met mine but she broke the contact that only lasted for a second or less than that. My inner beast kept urging me to tie her up again and make her mine again. Which I've been pretty good at.

I did all this so that she can be afraid of me and not do anything stupid. By the looks of it I've done a pretty good job in keeping her in check. If I say go she goes, if I say come she comes. She has been obedient at everything.

"Well, I only have just one thing that I need you to do." I started as I watched her eyes grow wide open. She was attentive at the moment.

"Which is?" she dragged.

"I want you to sign our marriage certificate next month." I informed her.

She squinted her brows looked at me as if she didn't quite catch what I was talking about. Couple of seconds later she slightly smirked then looked me in the eye.

"You are crazy." she got up and left banging the door behind me.

I rushed to follow her but she had already locked herself in her room.

"Anny open the damn door." I got mad as I hit the framed wood of the door several times.

" Go to hell Max."

That was the last I heard her speak. I retrieved a spare key but she was smart enough to leave her key in the inside still in the key hole thus I was unable to open it. I gave up and went back to work.

It has been a week I haven't seen her. Me and Lukah on the other hand we patched things up. He was my best friend in the long run. Yet I kept the secret of what was happening in my home between me and Anny. I have never loose my cool to this extent before Lukah. He knew I was dangerous but not to what extent.

The fact that he is still pissed at me for kicking Gabby and him out was still a topic for discussion every time he brings it up.

In the company I had so many errands to complete. Luther was always on my neck with  demands on security gadgets. I had a lot to deal with. The only time I crossed paths with Anny was when I came home early. She was taking dinner.

"Can we talk?"i asked while sitting opposite her.

" We have nothing to talk about. " she rolled her eyes.

" Fine then. Prepare yourself in two weeks time we are getting married. I'll send someone to take your measurements for the dress. "I spoke disgusted by the fact she was bold enough to roll her eyes on me.

" Suit yourself I am not going to get married to you till my daughter is brought back. "she stated harshly as she stood and walked away.

I rushed to where she was and grabbed her."You don't get a chance to have a say on this."

"Let go Max you are hurting me." she spoke while sobbing.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she tried to get my grip out of her hand.