Chapter 44

It has been a month and a half since Max left. I miss him dearly every single day. He kept his promise and we have been keeping in touch. Days turned to weeks and weeks into a month. I was patiently waiting for him and our unborn baby.

The times I was alone, I looked after myself well. Gabby on the other hand she was two months and two weeks pregnant. Her tummy was visible to keen eyes. Lukah has been very supportive of us even though he so much wanted to be with Max on the other side.

Max on the other hand, he has been pretty stressed off late about work. He says his business partner are refusing to be co-operative this slowing down the business. Countless times I've pleaded with him not to skip meals but Mr Bernard honestly told me he hasn't been eating well.

Every time we face time he looks tired and worn out. For the last one week he hasn't been in touch. I didn't want to bother him for the time being. "Maybe if he completes his work he'd call." that's what I kept telling myself every night before I go to sleep hoping that I'd feel better.

"Where are you going?" Gabby asked when I was on my way out.

"I need some fresh air. I'll be in the garden." I spoke with a hint of tiredness.

"You don't look so great." she spoke while sitting up. "Is this about Max? I heard the business is not going so well."

"He's in a tight spot now." I stated.

"Don't worry it will be fine. I trust him." she raised a glims of hope by saying that.

"I hope so."

"Okay if you are going out but be back before the sun sets. It gets windy out there when it's dark."

I nodded then walked away

I nodded then walked away. Slowly I opened the side glass door that led me to the garden. I laid on a three seater couch while admiring the view. The cold breeze was so relaxing but one way or another I found myself worrying about Max. I lost track of time when I realized it was already dark.

I stood slowly from the couch to head back. Suddenly I felt an excruciating pain in my stomach. At first I thought it's just like the other times but as the second pass it was more unbearable. My eyes were watery as I tried to sit.

"Gabby... Gabby..." I shouted her name when the pain was so much that it felt as if I was being cut through.

"Anny stop yelling am coming." she complained.

"Gabby it hurts. " I cried while holding my belly.

"What! Breath just breath." she came to my aid.

"Lukah." I heard her shout.

"No it's too early. She can't come now." I cried more as I rubbed my tummy circles.

I so much wanted it to be a false alarm.

"Wait for daddy to come." I tried to calm myself but it wasn't helping.

"Lukah. She about to give birth." Gabby yelled.