Chapter 41

"Come on, Max, get hold of your self." Nicko got tired of me pacing around.

"You don't get to tell me what to do." I shouted at him.

"The heck, whose making noise in my hospital." Doctor Eliakim Cursed.

"Doc, please save her. She's all I've got." I pleaded.

"What! She's here. Where?"

Seems he had no idea Anny was here. I took him up to pace of what happened.

"Max, seriously. She's almost 6 months pregnant. Bleeding at this stage is risky." He warned telling me exactly what I did not want to hear.

"You'll save her, right."

I needed a straight answer. At the moment I seemed to have worked myself out. I felt dizzy and in no time my legs gave way and I was already heading for the ground. I felt hands holding me up.

"Max, can you hear me." I heard doctor Eliakim calling me yet I couldn't quite understand what he was saying.

"Give him a bed and two bags of drip water. He seems dehydrated." I made out the few words then darkness engulfed my vision.

END OF POV

I woke up to the smell of harsh spirit that blocked my nostrils. My whole body was numb. I tried several times to open my eyes. Took me a while before I could open them. The blinding lights was unbearable for my eyes. I checked around only to be hit by the view of white walls and monitoring machines beside my bed.

My heart started to beat faster since I did not know where I was. Suddenly a man in white entered.

"Am I in heaven, sir." I asked.

He laughed slightly then answer. "You sure do know to make up jokes even in such a critical condition you are in." He paused. "You are in hospital. Took you a hard blow when you fell."

Immediately I remembered what had happened. I fell down. My baby. I directed my eyes to where the bulge was. My hands made way to it so that I could feel Tasha.

"Why is she not moving?"i found myself crying.

" Relax Anny. Maybe she is asleep. Feel her again."

I dragged my hands all over my stomach. There it was the kick that I had longed to feel. I was so glad. My baby was fine.

" Well there is someone who has caused us a scene since midnight." He informed me.

" Max. "I stated.

The doctor nodded." He has been on edge since he brought you here. We admitted him due to the fact that he was hydrated. Has he been working off late?"he asked.

" Yah. He has. "

" Well this is also tough on him too. I'll leave you to rest. "

" Can I see him?"I asked once he was about to leave.

" He is still in his drip. You will see him in the evening for now Gabby has been asking about you. "

With that he took his leave and Gabby rushed in.

" Thank God you are okay. How are you feeling? "she asked concerned.

" So bad. "I found myself tearing up.

" Hey! Don't cry. Everyone makes mistakes. Okay. "she tried to console me.

" Yah! I know but this was a stupid one. "

" Don't get your self worked up. Look I brought you yummy food. This will surely cheer you up. "

Well I was a foodie, I can never refuse such an offer. The food was so tasty that I forgot all about my pain and focused on taking care of myself for baby Tasha. The day went by quick. The sun was already setting and outside it was dark.