Chapter 23

"Anny! The hell. Girl how do you manage to sleep past 10 o'clock?"

"Gab." I screamed.

I had missed this soul so much. Quickly I got out of bed and hugged her tightly. Off late she has been spending so much time with Lukah that I haven't had time for our girls out. Yah! I was a little bit jealous but am happy she's happy now.

"Hell no. You have never been this happy to see me. What do you want?" she asked.

"Well..." I dragged.

"Anny spit it out." she demanded.

"So this is what happened." I started.

I told her everything that had happened. She was keen on listening. Even though she asked a million questions over a period of 20 minutes.

"so... Let me get this straight. You want me to sneak into Lukah's study room go through his computer and search for this Rd name thing."

"Exactly." I agreed.

"You are going nuts."

"Come on Gab I need your help. The person who was sent almost killed me. Am not going to let this slide."

"Fine but just this once. Okay?"

"Okay."

Suddenly we heard the main door open. Guess it was Max. He wasn't here the whole night. This made me wonder what could have possibly happened. I rushed to the sitting area. There he was standing. Gazing at me.

"I thought you were asleep."

"Just woke up."

Gab came from behind. Judging by the atmosphere, she bid me before saying a 'hi' to Max who gladly responded to that. She walked away as I slightly waved a bye to her.

"I see you are back." I spoke walking away.

"Yah." he replied.

I headed to the bathroom. Soon I was out of the shower dressing up in a warm attire. I then prepared to brush my teeth before doing anything else. In the midst of minding my own goddamn business he spoke out of the blues.

"Are you happy staying with me?" he asked in a low tone.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked my mouth full of foam while I continued to brush.

Looking at him through the mirror I saw his hands a little swollen and bloody. Quickly I rinsed my mouth and walked to where he was standing.

"Max. What is this?" I directed my gesture to his knuckles.

He seemed tense. His eyes were glued to the floor. Before I could ask anything else he was already on his heels walking away from me.

"Not a chance. You are going to stay here and tell me where in the fucking world you were." I ordered him raising my voice.

"What If I don't want to?" He paused. "You won't force me right?"

Not now not ever. We had to settle everything here. I wasn't going to leave it this time. Yah, I was angry beyond words. Yet u stayed calm in order to understand everything.

"Max. I am tired of you doing this." I yelled.

"Doing what!"

His tone was low and calm. His eyes never leaving mine. He stood there body built and bold. I felt a little bit awkward since I was the only one heated up at the moment.

"Stop pretending you know exactly what I mean."

For a couple of seconds we remained silent. I watched him while he stood there like a statue in his own world.