Chapter 34

"Anny. You look amazing." Nano complimented me.

I did not notice he was already in the room. He made his way closer to me, his lips slightly curved and his eyes sparkled when he watched me.

Later after our little chat, we both decided to join others in the main ball room. That was after Jackson got so impatient all alone that he came shouting at us, telling us to abide by the time rules. We both understood he was in a lot of pressure. Down the hall way I took pace. Both Nano and Jackson were up ahead. My heels made it hard for me to walk.

"Careful."

Benjamin came to my aid. I lost balance and almost fell. Luckily he was there to catch me. I have never been grateful to see him.

"That fall could have been a fatal one." He spoke helping me regain balance.

"Thanks." That was a honest reply. I smiled at him showing how grateful I was.

"Wow! You are gorgeous,little one."

"Thank you, Benjamin." I spoke shyly appreciating his gesture.

"Call me Luke." He stated.

It seems we have become acquaintances with each other. He wanted me to use his casual name.

"Okay, Luke." I teased him.

He smiled for a second there. We both walked away while I held his arm.

"Don't you think I am such a gentle man!" he teased.

This was the first time he spoke casually with me and even went to the extent of jocking around. Soon as dad laid his eyes on us, his facial expression changed immediately. It was one of disgust.

I have no idea of why he seemed that way. Something tells me I was in for it.

"You little bitch... What in the world are you wearing?" he cursed while speaking. His voice coarse.

"Dad not now." Luke tried to intervene.

"You got her that?"he directed it to Luke.

" Yah! I did. "

With that dad eased a bit. Soon I was on my own. Luke went ahead with dad. He ought to introduce him to few of his business men. Being left alone I had nothing else to do except to be bored.

Everyone seemed acquainted with each other. They laughed, drank and even joked.
Judging by everything, I wasn't needed here. As I was about to walk away Luke called me.

"Where do you think you are going?"he asked.

" Getting water. "I lied.

For a moment he eyed me suspiciously.

" At Least have a better excuse next time."

Well I expected him to figure that one out. Nothing ever passes him by.

" Bored? "

I nodded. He suddenly took me by my had and we walked away. At the corner of my eye, I could have sworn seeing Nano eye us. Something about him seem off. He had his fist clenched. That was odd.

"So you got me this dress." I spoke while we made our way to the inner rooms.

"Nope. Luke got it from the mail man. Guess you have some secret admirers." He teased.

The only person I knew who loved black and who would do what his head told him to without thinking twice. I stared at the dress admiring it.

"Hey!" Luke snapped his finger to get my attention. "You seem to be somewhere else." He stated while letting go of my hand.