ONE

AUTHORS NOTE:

Words written in bold and italics are the words of LADY SULTAN and the words written in bold are the things or sounds of everything happening...

Love you and thank you for choosing my book😘😘 

"Mummy! Mummy!  Tell us a story, please!!!" My two children crawled towards where I was seated, holding their toys tightly to their chests.

"But, mummy is tired, babies," I said with a look of weariness. They looked up at me with a pout on their face. Aww, why do they have to be so cute?

"Ok, mummy is going to read to you cuties" I cooed at them as they giggled at my defeat.

"Read, The crowned she, mummy pretty please" They kept blinking their long lashes continuously to draw my attention. But for real why are they these cute?

"Ok, are you ready?" They nod their small head up and down nonstop.

{THE CROWNED SHE}

(LADY SULTAN)

{WHIRRING}

Malkata, west bank of the Nile at Thebes, 1834.

"Dearest readers,

Once upon a time in a kingdom far, far away a baby girl was born. Her skin was dark as coffee chocolate. Her hair was black like the midnight sky. She was unique and looked nothing like the other Sultan. Her shin colour was not gotten from her father or her mother. Every of her speciality made her the favorite of the king, He would spoil the little girl. He could afford to, of course, as he was the king...

But I digress,

 That is how I would have started my story but not this time.  My name is Kleopatra Sultan, the princess of Egypt and the daughter of king Horus Sultan and Queen Hatshepsut. I am the second daughter and the last child of the sultan. Being the favourite in the family made things easier for me, but not when the Princess is forced to follow the rules.

Fifteen years passed, and Kleopatra grew older and bloomed..."

👸🏾~

(SIGHS)

(BIRDS CHIRPING)

(TWITTERING)

(FANFARE PLAYING NEARBY)

Oh, I think the party has started. I looked at the bird by the window. Staring at the door for a few more moments. The sound of footsteps got louder and closer to my room entrance. I squeeze my eyes shut to avoid my mother's unbelievable looks.

"Kleopatra, seriously?" I hear my mother's flimsy voice snap as she opens my bedroom door. With an annoyed grunt, I lift my head and meet her dark brown eyes like mine.

My brown eyes were the only thing I received from my pretty but fierce mother, while my Elder sister seemed to be the replica, my Older brother got my father's stature and slim figure.   S Sporting my Mother's curvy body, straight hair, pure white skin and high cheekbones. I was so different from my mother, I got curly ebony hair, a slender figure and tanned skin. "Great looks and stature run in the family" My mother would always say whenever we were complimented. My father and Brother are the ones that held the height of the sultan. While the women in my family had extremely curvy figures except me, my figure was slender, my breast and bottom grew into modest size while the rest of me didn't. My hair was the mixture of my parent, ebony from my father, and softness from my mother's.