TEN.

[DOORS BANG]

"Where have you been, Kleopatra?"

"None of your concern, Rashida!" 

[SIGHS]

"None of my concern, really? ... It will be your concern the moment father hears about it."

[KLEOPATRA EXHALES DEEPLY]

"What exactly would you do when I tell you... any way to let you off the hook... I was in the garden with Ahmed and Miriam!"

"Am I to believe that because your hair says a lot!" She says pointing at Kleo's hair that flew all over the place like a shrub.

"Yes, Rashida, I was in the Garden, picking flowers for my vase and if you may excuse me, I want to take a nap."

[RASHIDA SIGHS]

"I see...flowers you say! I will believe you just for this moment but truly I may say, I find you so suspicious these days, I don't know if it's because father buys you more gifts these days or Miriam spends much time brushing your curls.."

"And why do you think that is suspicious, that is rather amusing."

"Yeah... whatever, Father seeks for your present at the throne room"

"Is everything alright?"

"Oh yes, I can assure you that everything is perfectly well, is just that he wants you to stay beside him all through the day, in the site by the American, so.....! wear something flexible... flexible enough for dirty work!"

[KLEOPATRA SCOFFS]

"I would be there in a minute!"

*************************

[DRILLING SOUND]

[METAL CARVING]

"Miss Sultan! How lovely to see you here"

Kleopatra bows to Sebastian as he takes her hand into his and places a warm kiss on it. She rubs it immediately when no one was looking.

"It's a pleasure, Mr Baltimore!"

"Oh, there is no need for the formality, call me Sebastian, princess!"

"Oh, yes!, Sebastian" Kleopatra smiled weirdly.

"Good Day, Mr Baltimore! Hope you are enjoying your stay in the palace?" Rashida pushes Kleopatra to the side, and jealousy shows in her eyes.

"Miss Rashida! How lovely to see you today!" 

{KLEOPATRA LAUGHS, SNORTY!"

"My apologies!.... If you may excuse me" She says.

She walks to where the palace chairs are seated... She takes out a sheet from her journals, penning down a letter for a friend.

[LADY SULTAN]

Dear Archer,

This is Kleopatra... I am writing to you because I will not be seeing you for a few days! I have a lot of things to take care of and it's urgent but I will see you as soon as possible when my duties are successfully done.

I will be missing the children's singing and dancing presentation today! I know and indeed, I feel so terrible. I wish to see their Presentations but my presence cannot be there because of what has come up.

Please inform the mothers that I would be bringing more bread, strawberries cookies, apple pies and a lot I can bring. 

Please consider my apologies. I miss you.

Hope to hear from you.

Your friend!

Kleopatra.

She stands up to give one of the guards to send it to the post house. Then she returns to the site not wanting to be caught seated idle and not taking notes.

"I have always thought that princesses don't write letters but this princess seems to be different from the rest... This author hopes that the Royal Princess, The sultan will not be caught writing and posting but we see her true intentions in her letter... Friendship, yes, indeed...
For I have spoken words of truth and nothing but facts, I remain your gracious and inspired Lady Sultan."

THE CROWNED SHEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara