TWENTY-FIVE

[LADY SULTAN]

"Dear readers,

"your fabulous Lady sultan... I know it's been a long time since you heard from me, but that's not the upshot for today. I serve you great news and juicy ones, indeed.[LAUGHS VIGUOROUSLY].
It was said the princess was missing two days ago but thanks to our gallant prince, he saved the day. I somewhat heard a secret that the Sultan hosts a dinner for the prince but people
 think it's a set-up...
Anyway, let's watch and see what we have today..."

[CHATTERINGS, CHUCKLES]

"You have a fine garden My king," Charles said.  Kleopatra ate lightly and finished her small portion, she took some of the marchpane, savouring the meal on a small gold plate. She couldn't hide her astonishment and pleasure as it fairly melted on her tongue.

"Charles! We are grateful for all the things you have done for the sultans... We are thankful mostly for the return of our daughter. "

"I wish there is something treasurable to gift to you?" The queen said.

"Oh, there is! Your daughter's hand" Charles laughed.

[LAUGH HEARD ROUND THE TABLE]

'You are so funny, My prince" The queen laughed.

Kleopatra didn't take this joke lightly. She wasn't used to someone using her as an insult. Her hand should be a priceless gift. The prince was joking. Out of displeasure, she stomped out of the diner...

[GASPS]

*********************************************

[DOOR OPENS]

"Are you well, Dearest?" Her mother asked, sitting by her side and staring at the window.

[SIGHS]

"Yes, Mother!" She said.

"Your body says otherwise, dear... Tell me what's wrong Kleopatra?" She asked...

 [SILENCE]

"I saw how uncomfortable you were in the diner, was it the food or do you just feel really tired after the whole drama from the week?" She asked, Kleopatra looked at her mother in disbelief. Hadn't she read her face or attitude at the dinner? Hadn't anyone heard what the prince had said or had she misheard him? No! She heard right and they even thought it was a joke.

"Mother didn't you hear what the prince had said... Or should I say, I am that cheap for a gift?" Kleo yelled.

"[SIGHS] Hush! Dearest, you speak too loud, and do not speak too low of yourself."My mother said.

"Speak low of me or should I say the prince sees me as nothing but a cheaply." She roared.

"Kleopatra! You sound like the rushing oceans. [SIGHS] No the prince will never think of you that way." She says.

"So how does he think of me like?"Kleo asked.

"He only joked and he respects you, kleo"

"I hope so..."

"Yes, that's why he went out of his way to rescue, not that we compelled him." 

[SIGHS]"I guess I owe him an apology."

"Yes, he is still downstairs at dinner."

'He's angry still, I'm sure.' 'What if I've been wrong 

**************************

[FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING]

"Kleopatra is back," Her mother said, as the king, prince and Rashida turned to meet her eyes. Kleopatra still looking at the prince shakingly.

"[INHALES] Your grace, Forgive me... I may have wrongly dishonoured you." She said, staring at her shoes that had suddenly interested her.

"Forgive me? You need not. I'd have felt terrible if you hadn't returned for dinner." Charles smiled. Kleopatra returns the smile.

"Good! "The king said.

[FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING]

"Your highness! The Lieutenant wishes to see you" Ahmed rushed in.

"The lieutenants!"The queen said furiously. 

"Bring him in" The king ordered.

Zosar walked into the room and takes a bow before standing upright.

"Evening My king!"  "And Evening your highness" He greeted The king and the queen and completely ignored the prince and the princesses.

"Evening, Zosar," The king and the queen said.

"What a privilege to be in the midst of dinner once again."He laughed.

"What brings you my home, Zosar?" The king asked.

[CHUCKLES] "I believe you know already." "You owe me, your grace and the deadline is near." He mocked. 

Kleopatra's heart kept pounding as the lieutenant stared at her. She had completely forgotten about the deal after the whole traumatic week that had passed by.

"How dare you bring such an uncomfortable topic to dinner, Zosar?" The queen roared, unpleased with the whole conversation.

"It's not your deal my queen! I made this deal with your husband years ago, so I am not to blame." He said without remorse.

[CHARLES CLEARS THROAT] 

[SILENCE]

"Zosar or whatever they call you, you are no man of respect. You just walk into the king's Dinner and talk of an absurd deal. Haven't you no manners? " Charles said.

[ZOSAR LAUGHS, SNORTY]

"And who are you small boy to teach me manners? You have no business in this place." He laughed.

Charles's hands wrap into a squeeze, kleo wraps her small tender fingers to calm his nerve. Looking into her eyes, he was calm.

"Mr Youssef, apologies in the prince paths, we were having a great meal before you dropped the bomb, so my family and I wouldn't mind if we talk about this...deal! another day, sir!" Kleopatra said calmly. He smiled at her before speaking.

"Thank you, Princess, but I have only come here to warn your father of the deal that the deadline is near, and I must say, if you do not grant to me what I have asked for, I will take this matter to court." He smiled.

[GASP]

"Ok! The sultan and I will gladly wait and watch you handle this situation at court ground." Charles said smoothly.  What was he trying to pull off? if the court sees that this is a done deal of marriage, there will be no hesitation but to marry me off to this old rag.

"What do you mean by this should be taken to the court, Charles?" Kleo nudged him.

"Be calm Kleo, I got this under control." He said.

"[SWALLOWS] I agree with the prince, let's the court handle it," Kleo said. Her parents stared at her like she had grown an extra head.

"[CHUCKLES] Do not say, I didn't warn you, Mr sultan, if the courts favour my side, then your family and household are done for." He said before taking his leave.

[SILENCE] 

[LADY SULTAN]

"The rest of the evening was left with the princess thoughts' pondering on what the prince had said. Had he meant it when he said, the court will handle it, she isn't ready for marriage nor is she ready to be a mother with many children running around her.

As soon as the prince arrives in England, he searches for every proof that would throw the lieutenant off-guard at court. He needed something to show the courts that The lieutenant is not dignified to raise a family or let aside own one."