THIRTY-FOUR

[LADY SULTAN]

"Some weeks later,  Prince Charles approached the princess in her chambers to apologise. Truly, he was troubled, He was no longer the man she thought he was three years ago and she wasn't the same small Eighteen years old girl he had partied with, she had grown to become a pretty lady with wide curves and a beautiful face. "

Charles sent a simple note by the way of his manservant. My hands greedily opened the envelope. He'd written in bold script. "I've come for you, and I am outside in your garden." I threw the letter into the air and ran out the door, out to the garden. He was standing by the window with a box in his hands and a banquet of poppies and Dafodiles, my favourites. 

He held out to me a wooden box. "I've brought you a gift" I reached over to hug him and wrapped his arms about me, shocked, both of us aware of Miriam and my guards behind us. He drew away for a moment and then took my face in his hands and held my gaze with his fine green eyes, asking my permission, silently before continuing. I did not pull away. He grinned and gently kissed my hands, his lips freshly warm and soft.

"Isn't that sweet?" I opened the box, revealing a pearl necklace. I opened my mouth in awe, it was so beautiful. Charles takes it from me, Knotting it from behind.

"I read your letters... All of them... And I am truly sorry that I had not paid attention those years... Your brother and then your parents...." I hushed him, putting my fingers on his Pink soft lips.

"That's all in the past, Charles and I am also sorry about your parents too. I did not know you were that young and traumatized. " I said, holding his face in my hands. He kissed me softly at first and then more insistently I responded likewise. Within a minute he drew away and we both sat in silence, flushed, restoring our breath. He picked me up from the ground, and we held hands, facing each other as he runs down the hill with me in his hands. 

[CHUCKLING]

Charles made me laugh, he clearly adored me, we had different discussions, and I felt safe. 

"Do you always travel with your men?" I asked. 

"[CHUCKLES] Not all the time, but sometimes, Haley accompanies me on my trips." He said, caressing my face.

"[KLEO BREATHES DEEPLY]" I clasped my hands together and then unclasped them to smooth my hair. 

"I hope you are at peace, my love?" Charles whispered, placing his hand on her thighs.

"[SIGHS] Haley? Who is she to you? You did not tell me about her since the day I saw you two kissing in the garden." I said looking down at the green grass beneath my legs. 

"She is my Grand cross..." He said with a smile. I looked away still not convinced by his answer.

"She is not my wife, nor my mistress, kleo...[SIGHS] I just partnered up with her for the ball that night and she was the one who allured me to the kiss... It has been you, Kleo, you are the one that had held my heart all those years... Haley has liked me since she was brought into the palace when I was little, I only seek her as a friend and nothing more and I already made myself clear to her before I visited you. " He said sincerely.  I nodded and ran my hand through his hair. 
          Charles and I strolled about, He played golf, while I played cards with other ladies and then one of his friends called to me. I played a few rounds in the golf club. 

"I suspect if you had your way, we'd remain here as long as you were required to hold me by the waist to play your club." I teased. 

"And, my dearest, lady, would you object?" He whispered, his eyes smiling.

"Not at all." [BOTH CHUCKLING].

"Since twenty-one years of my life, I've lived a life of satisfaction, I have never felt as alive and thrilled with joy until I met you," I said to Charles.

"I do not want to live a life without you by my side, I want to wake up every morning by your side as your husband and father of your children." He said, brushing my hair with his fingers. He pulled me by the waist and took my hands in his. "I love you, Kleopatra, I've waited so long. I do not wish to wait any longer to say these words. Life is too short to wait and my heart belongs to you." He said, kissing me on both cheeks.

"And mine is yours," I said, then reached up to kiss his lips. We rode back to the palace, i pillion behind him. I had my arms clasped around him tightly on a horse, I was engulfed in ecstasy.

              Charles and I sat at the same table for charades and cards and later went for a walk in galleries and gardens. we talked to his grandparents in England. We talked of business, not only In England but also in Thebes, which had established a centre of commerce and trade. He asked about my duties and preparations to be queen by fall. I admit I longed to rest.