TWENTY-EIGHT.

[LADY SULTAN]

"The wedding of the year, The duke of Hohenberg, Lord Edward Stanley and our dear princess, Princess Rashida Sultan.  A wedding, indeed, Brightening, fashionable, diverse and inclusive...
Oh! Dear, Princess Rashida is wedded to A duke, not a Prince or a Commander like she wished."

The evening before the big wedding, Rashida came to stay with Kleopatra in her chambers. So she found it odd when she approached her with hesitation and perhaps a little fear.

"Rashida, are you well?" Kleo asked. She remained quiet for a moment before shaking her head and laughing but uneasily.

"I am sorry, Kleo! Sorry for the way I have treated you." I reached out and squeezed her hand, she was to be married very soon and I suspected that was the seat of her curiosity.

"No need for the apologies, Shida, you treated me well as my sister, trained me and protected me even when I wasn't happy about the whole snitching and guard escort. You need not worry about the wedding... You will make a fine wife Shida." I said, pulling her into a hug.

"I shall readily, assist you when you bear a child," I said, she smiled.

****************************

[INDISTINCT CHATTERING]

[LADIES AND GENTLEMEN TOASTING]

[CHUCKLES]

"Beautiful, dearest..." Charles called out to her, as she stepped down the platform staged she had just performed a song for the couples.

"Your grace!" Kleopatra curtseyed.

"Your sister looks lovely in Her Arabian dress..." He chuckled.

[BOTH CHUCKLE]

"I would miss her, for I will be alone with father and mother, at breakfast, lunch, dinner and also in meetings..." She smiled.

"Aye! I am here, I will keep you company and visit as always to hear your lovely voice." He said, showing off his white teeth.

"My pleasure, your grace..." She said but he smiled straightly. "What?" She asked.

"You call me Grace and not Charles, is there a problem?" He asked. She laughed at his face which read so many expressions.

"The guests are watching, Charles" She whispered with a smile.

"And it doesn't matter what people will think, Kleo!" He said, holding her by her elbow.

"Charles, every man and woman present at this wedding will think otherwise..." She whispered, smoothly.

"But, [CLEARS THROAT] Kleo, their opinion doesn't matter at all..." He is interrupted by three ladies, holding their hand fans, curtseyed to talk to the princess.

" Evening, Lady Leighton... Lady Robbinson and Lady featherswallow..." Kleo curtseyed and Charles bowed.

"Evening, your grace and Princess." They all chanted.

"We watched you sing last week at the theatre and today upstage. You have a unique voice like the birds in the gardens." Lady Leighton says. "We should be glad to have your song in my court, Princess." 

"And at Chatsworth estate too." Lady Robbinson says.

"Thank you." Kleo smiled. They walked away from Her, back to the tents where the wedding was happening.

"As we were saying, kleo!" Charles said from beside her.

"Charles! It's okay, I will call you by your name and not your grace." She smiled. Charles smiled at his manipulation.

Lady Russell says as she walks up to them, "I am sure you know the reason for my approach, Princess!.... Kleo thinks for a minute but no idea comes to mind... You are next on the line for marriage, dear. Get your head right" She said, Eyeing Charles.
Kleo appeared to know not how to respond, she opened her mouth to say something and then closed it.

"Prince Ramses... Poor soul." Lady Russell said with a chuckle before walking away. Charles grew vexed that Lady Russell had overstepped her boundaries, but instead, he drew kleo into his arms.

"Kleo, do you think you can spare, Lady Russell?" Charles asked.

[SIGHS] "Indeed, she said wrong and hurtful things to me."

"I hope you find a place in your heart to forgive her?" Charles asked.

"I hold no grudge with lady Russell, she spoke right. I am next to marry, since the death of Ramses, my mind keeps pondering back at the deal-marriage."She said.

"No need to bring up an uncomfortable topic on this blessed day, Let;s get back into the tent before your father sends guards to search for you." 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 I hope you enjoyed the twenty-Eight chapters. What do you think about Princess Kleopatra and Prince Charles? I would love to hear your thoughts and please do not forget to vote and comment. 

~Krusticaramel🖤🤍