TWENTY-THREE.

[BOOM-GUNS]

[BELLS RING]

[DOORS BANG]

I woke to a furious pounding on my door. There were sounds of crashing and metals ringing out the door.
'Princess!" Miriam called behind my door I Rushed to the door and opened it wide for her to come in. She ran into my room, shutting the door behind her immediately.

Heavily, breathing. "Princess, you need to go to the safe room, your mother and your sister are hiding there with the other maids." Miriam cried.

"Aye! Calm down Miriam, what is happening in the palace, I heard gunshots," I asked holding her sweaty shaky hands.

"The Americans!... they are shooting at us. You need to leave this room at once, princess, for they will come for you." Miriam pleaded. Kleopatra picked up her robe and shaw, with a candle as they ran through the halls.

"What about my father and brother?" I stopped running, staring around the halls and rooms that had blood stains on the floor with lifeless bodies of guards and maids. Miriam didn't stop running but sprinted to the safe, while Kleo ran opposite the safe room.

"Papa!" I screamed through the gunshots.

"Ramses!" I cried.

This wasn't how my father's great kingdom will end, I hope not. I ran through the palace's front doors, only to find myself amid two armies in battle. My brother and the guards stood with their swords at the left and the Americans at my right, holding guns. I was so terrified that I didn't move.

"Sister! " Ramses asked. I could feel the tears in my eyes slip down my cheeks to the ground. I was in the middle of a battleground and all I can do is to cry.

"Ramses!" I cried.

"Kleo, you are going to be fine, I want you to count to three then run as far as you can, find mother and Rashida." He said The Americans cocked their guns, ready to fire, but everything around me went slowly. the only thing that mattered to me was my family's safety and my kingdom.

"No, brother, I will not leave without you." I cried, standing in a spot. I stared at my brother's eyes, but all I see was pleading, begging me to be safe, I knew what he meant and I do not want it to take place. I ran to him in a split second, when I heard one of the American's commands.

"Fire!" I felt myself under a heavy pillar, but this pillar was my brother's body, his eyes froze, staring at me, searching for any scratch. I looked at his chest, when I realised he was shot, tears kept rolling down my eyes.

"No, Ramses! No, please! Don't leave me, Ramses..." I cried. while the Americans kept firing their guns at the guards who stood before me and the guards, shielding us from another hit.

"I love you so much Sister and I know I didn't fulfil your last wish but [COUGHS] I will always be with you..." Those were his last word before he died.

[GUNSHOTS]

[FOOTSTEP APPROACHING]

"Kleopatra! " My father fell on his knees, holding me in a hug. He had seen his only son shot to death, cold-blooded before his eyes. The successor of Egypt and the only son of the sultan. What has become of the sultan without an heir to the throne? 

"Kleo, pick up your garment and run to the safe as fast as you can, do not look back." Her father looked into her eyes.

"No, I cannot father, Ramses, died because of me and I will not forgive myself, if I leave you here, they will do the same to you, Please let's go together." I cried.