THIRTY

Kleopatra is seated by her mother's side at the court of law. Her father was seated with the boards of attorneys. The courtroom was crowded and noisy. Whereas, waiting for the judge to arrive.

[INDISTINCT CHATTERING]

"ALL RISE!" 

"You may have your seat.!" The judge ordered.

The judge ordered the witnesses and advocates to be seated at the front desk. 

"Lady Sultan worries that Mr Youseef and her father had signed up a deal that doesn't favour her... So she has come to court today to make her complaints and receive her solution to this appalling issue." One of the men on the board said.

[CHATTERING]

"Order!" The Judge roared. The room goes quiet.

"Mr Hughes, please step forward and defend your witness."  Charles stood up from his seat, smoothening the wrinkles on his chinos and steadied his coat before walking forward before the whole people at court. 

[CLEARS THROAT] He glances around the whole room before resting his eyes on Kleopatra, giving her a calm-assuring smile. 

"My lord! My fellow people of Thebes and Britain. As we all sit here today in the witness of our beloved Princess, we are here to bear witness and concern of the issue that has been hidden beneath the carpet...[SIGHS] It is said in these scrolls that a deal was signed by The king himself and his ex, lieutenant. A deal that states, the lack of the king's will, to pay his debts to Mr Youseef, that his daughter will be handed to him as a payment to his debt. And right in this scroll, the lieutenant and the king do not state which daughter, he would marry and we all knew the king had only one daughter at first. At this time of the deal, the king wasn't expecting any other child because the queen had had so many miscarriages... My apologies your majesty!..." Charles waved at the Queen with a smile, and she returned the smile. 

"So, my lord...Why does the lieutenant change his mind all of a sudden... Is it because our dear princess Kleopatra is beautiful or does he have something behind his choice... he could have chosen the first daughter of the King... [COURT GASP] Besides can you imagine the King marrying his daughter down to his lieutenant...." Charles said looking at Zosar . The whole people in court cheered at his words, it made a lot of sense but still needs to hear the lieutenant's side of the story. 

"Objection!" Zosar's advocate shouted, Mr Crawford. "Objection my lord!" 

"ORDER!" The judge says

[CHATTERINGS, CHUCKLINGS, LAUGHTER]

"Silence!" The judge hits the gavel, bringing the rowdy court to order. The room turns quiet at once.

"Now Mr Crawford, you may speak." The judge said to Zosar's advocate.

"Thank you! My Victim here hadn't chosen any daughter of the king to marry yet, because He was drawn into marriage by then. But now the king's wife bores him a daughter and that is whom he chooses to wed, so why shouldn't he go ahead with this marriage? We know that Mr Youseef is a great leader and well-respected soldier in the kingdom, he hasn't done anything against the law that has brought reproach to his name, so I see no reason why the king cannot fulfil his part of the deal... " Crawford says before sitting back into his seat. The judge smiled at his words.

"May I speak your lord?" Charles asked, looking at the judge.

"Yes, go ahead." The judge said.

"My apologies Lord and people of this land, if I may say, [SIGHS] Let me reword what Lord Stanley had said a minute ago. If I am not wrong, you said, Mr Youseef hasn't gone against the law nor has he tarnished his name. But I would like to show these people something that has occurred in the past, it may have flown into thin air. Back in the 1460s, Mr Youseef was charged and arrested for drug addiction... So..."