THIRTY-ONE

[A SINGLE MOMENT OF SINCERITY - ASKING ALEXANDRIA PLAYING]

"Charles!" I laughed aloud. The case and deal were over and it calls for celebration. I ran through the Halls and out the door of the court. The smile on my face faded away when I saw Charles and Zosar in a fight. Ran to the middle to stop them before anyone could get hurt. 

"Both of you... Stop!" I cried.

Zosar and Charles panting, Charles rubs his knuckles against his nose that was bleeding terribly. 

"What is wrong with you?" I asked both of them.[SILENCE] "Are you going to say anything?" 

"You! [POINTING TO CHARLES] ruined everything... My life, my family. You are no match to be called a prince." Zosar spat.

"How dare you question my kingship? " Charles asked, spitting out the blood in his mouth.

"How am I not to know if you have slept with the princess, that you scurry behind her all day like a lost puppy," Zosar said.  Zosar is too angry to fight and Charles is too stubborn to yield. 

"Bastard!" Charles cursed, Punching Zosar in the face, and another fight picks up.[ZOSAR GRUNTS]

"Charles! Stop it!" I begged but he doesn't stop. Now we were crowded with people who watched as the scene unfolds.

"Gentlemen!" I said loudly "I shall consider all your actions as an insult and now if you do not mind, I wish for you to stop." Charles pulls away from Zosar at once, dusting his shirt and he picks up his coat from the ground.

"Charles can we talk... Alone?" I asked looking at Zosar whose eyes were swollen from the Blow.

"[SIGHS]

"[SHARP RAPID BREATHING]"

"[KLEO BREATHES DEEPLY] I..."

"I am leaving England." Charles interrupted her.

"Leaving? Why? We just won the case." I said confusingly, thinking what reasons he would leave England.

"I shall not be joining you for the Celebration, today, Miss sultan. Nor tomorrow nor any longer for that matter." He said looking straight ahead to the dusty roads. 

"What do you mean?" I said, breathing heavily.

"Thus my arrangements for Europe have been prepared, Miss " my stomach grew unsettled by his words.

"Kleo! Not Miss, please stop calling me that... Have I done anything wrong?" I asked. Thinking for a bit if we had a misunderstanding before the court call or during the break.

"No! You haven't" He said straightly.

"[SIGHS] I thought we were friends, Charles, we made a promise to be there for each other, but now you are leaving to Europe, Till God knows when," I said, tears flowing down my cheeks. 

"We were never friends Princess Sultan, I only made you an acquaintance." He said now looking at me for a second before staring back at the road.

"[SOBBING]"   " Miss sultan it was a great time making you an acquaintance." He said mounting his horse to leave.

"Where are you going?" I cried.

"Anywhere, far away... Just to stay away from...you" He said the last words in a whisper. I fell to my knees, as tears continued to fall from my eyes. I disagreed. I did not want to see his scepticism or recognise the truth in what he said. I sat on my knees in tears as I watched him ride away until I could not see him on the pathway any longer and wiped tears away from my face...