SIX

[LADY SULTAN]

DEAREST READERS,

This Author finds herself drawn to share the most curious news, it seems an unknown visitor comes to Egypt for a great assignment... Do you think that this unknown man has his motives or should I say, it seems our highly distinguished tourist requires a closer inspection...  This Author is left to wonder, whether her majesty will reconsider a background checkup of the American Researcher...

"Well, I must say last week's ball was really ....What word will I use," My father said, looking at My mother, who was seated under the shade beside Rashida.

"Majestic..." Mother words echoed

Playing golf is one of the things I love to do, but My mother feels that Ladies should not play sports but rather Learn how to be a great queens and sit elegantly by the shade, watching the men play their sports. My father says otherwise, that a female can do whatever they want to do and still be a princess. I stand by my father, playing golf, while Rashida and my mother talk and drink tea under the shade.

"Or should I say, the ball was rather rowdy and extremely crowdy?" I focus on the goofball avoiding the looks of my family.

"Kleopatra, why would you say that, didn't you enjoy yourself with  Lord Weston, he is handsome and well built." My mother said from behind me.

"I would rather not describe him as handsome nor well built, his Voice doesn't fit his face and he hardly knows anything about me, so he is off the league." I turn to face her with a smile but she growls at my choice of words.

"Kleopatra, you will not speak ill of Lord Weston..."

[KLEOPATRA SIGHS]

"My king, won't you say any word about this?"

My father chuckles, bumping me off with his hip.  We both laugh, avoiding the mother's questions.

[QUEEN HATSHEPSUT GROWLS]

"I asked a question, your grace"

Now we stare at her red flushed face that burned from the sun, visible enough to see from the shades.

[KING CLEARS HIS THROAT]

"Yes, you are right."

"Your Highness?" One of the palace guards runs in.

"Yes!"

"Pardon me your majesty, but you have a visitor..."

"Who is it? Is it Lord Hawkesbury?" Rashida jumps off her sit, I would say not ladylike.

"I'm not in the mood, Ahmed"

"He is young, handsome and brawny... My grace" Rashida keeps up with the jumping act, I focus on my golf and not the man description. 

"Give us a minute, we will be at the throne room in a minute," My mother said with a weird faked voice.

"Alright, ladies, we got a new man on our list, so hurry up and get cleaned up" I stare at my mother and my sister in complete shock. Why do we have to see the man, when my father and mother can just talk to the man and get back to his land? I stamp my feet in anger as I walk behind my family, while Rashida kept throwing her tantrums.

*********************************

" Your Highness, May I present to you, Sebastian Baltimore, an esteemed civilian of  America."

"Your majesty pardon my unnoticed visit." The American tourist bows.

"I am afraid I am yet to know the history of this great Kingdom"

"History?" My father coughed, and a cup of water was brought to him immediately.

"Sorry about that, you said history... It's a whole lot to learn so I would release one of my daughters to take you for a tour around the castle." My mother spoke so soon. Daughters? Rashida would love to do that but I rather not do the work of a Chaperon.

"Yes, I agree with that, Rashida... " Rashida smiles at the thought of her father's choice of daughter to do the job.

"Oh no, not you, Kleopatra, my second daughter will tour you around the castle accompanied by a guard."  Father smiled at the American. I boil in anger.

"Would you like to join us for lunch in an hour?" Mother stood up from her throne. I rolled my eyes at the welcoming of a stranger to our bosom.

"I would delightfully accept your wishes, my queen" He bows...

[LADY SULTAN]

Ambitious Lady cries, at the thought of being devalued by men and satisfying the wants and needs of a man or her family. In other news, America has come to import herbal medicine for the sick and developed weapons for the war.

[PALACE BELL RINGS]

[MEN CHATTERING]

"I appreciate, your Highness, for the Lunch..." The American said rubbing cheese on his bread. Mother helped Rashida with some Lettuce, while I ate my lunch in silence.

"My pleasure"

The silence was getting too unbearable a the table so, my father had to speak to fill in the gaps.

"Sebastian... am I right?" 

"Yes, your highness, Indeed it's right!"

"So all these Herbs and high technological weapons imported into this land are going to be based where? The Thebes or Lybia?"

"Oh, it's going to be based here in Thebes, the headquarters and it is going to take place as soon as possible."

"Hmm, I like the sound of that"

As is said before, having Sebastian at the table will only make things more complicated or rather boring perhaps. Official topics are discussed, while we ladies eat our meal in silence. 

[LADY SULTAN]

The Princess finds no joy in the discussions of the importation of resources but still, she has to listen to the whale as he speaks of the base.

In other to be a great leader or queen in the better days, I wouldn't say Duchess or wife to any man, because Miss Kleopatra has made it clear that she is not interested in the hands of any obsessor... But rather her head sways for freedom and leadership of her land. Each day that passeth by, calls young men to her feet and attracts them to the realisation of not being chosen as a wife..."