NINE

[LADY SULTAN]

Dear readers, 

"It is your one and only Lady Sultan, writing about the royals and rulers is indeed demanding but a bit fun... But I would venture into a different proposition, it is said that our famous bachelor still visits the town girl in private but what has come of their frequent visits...

They call it friendship but the young charmed prince is rather enticed with the closure of their visitation..."

[PANTING HEAVILY]

[ KLEOPATRA LAUGHS VOCIFEROUSLY]

"Archer, you are no match for me in racing!"

"I agree! But I will not accept this defeat the next time"

[BOTH LAUGH]

"I haven't raced in years, it has been long and indeed, this race is the best I have ever had." [KLEO SMILES]

"What do you mean you haven't raced for so long? I believe you should engage in more practices and races!"

[KLEO SIGHS]

"Well, it is a story for another day..."

"OK! if you say so... Do you swim?"

"What? Swim! uhh... not quite a good swimmer ." Charles faces her.

"Come on let's try it! you are going to love it. " Charles holds her hand, dragging her down the hill.

"Love it, you say! How sure are you that I am going to love it?"Kleo stands at a spot.

"Hey! come on, don't give up, it's going to be fine and I promise I will not drown you" Charles raises his hands as a sign of his promise.

"Promise! Fine, just once and I will not swim again"

[CHARLES BOWS]

**********************************

[BOTH LAUGH]

"We will have to do this again, sometimes" Kleopatra chuckles nervously.

"You are quite good, if I may say, never expected a lady to swim like that"

"Really? or are you teasing me?"

"I do not mock you but rather I speak the truth, you are a treasure with so many jewels... rare stones in it."

"[SIGHS] Is that a compliment sir?"

"I believe it is!"

[KLEOPATRA CHUCKLES]

"Thank you, Archer"

The princess backs the prince as she stares in awe at a beautiful butterfly. She turns to face the prince who had a horrific look on his face.

"What is it, Sir?" She stares at her body, inspecting for anything odd.

[ARCHER STAMMERS]

"Uhh..., what...uhh...your back?"

"What is it, Sir? Is there an insect on my back, sir?"

[ARCHER STAYS QUIET]

"Archer! Speak please, for I am afraid of insects..." Kleopatra jumps in fear at the thought of an insect on her skin.

"Calm down, Kleo, there is no insect.[SIGHS] please turn your back"  Kleopatra turns her back to face him once again.

'Who did this to you, kleo? " 

"Did what to me?" She tries to look at her back but it is impossible.

"The scar? Who had caused it? Is it a punishment or what should I say a mark or something?"

[KLEO SIGHS]

"It is a scar... "

[CHARLES CURSES] 

"I am fine, it is in the past and besides why are we talking about it... It's uncomfortable!" Kleo walks to where her clothes were hung.

"It bothers me to see a scar on your pure skin, so tell me why won't I speak of it?"

[SIGHS]

"Because I don't know, it is not important... Are you hungry? I am thinking of eating an apple pie, what do you say?"

[CHARLES GRUNTS]

"Do not change the topic, kleo, why would you say it is not important... That is a scar! you know right?"

"Yes and I also said it is in the past, so now I will repeat myself for the last time... Are you hungry or not?" 

"I am! "

"Good! Now put on your clothes and let's go!"

They both walk for hours in silence, only the sounds of the birds in the trees made the sound and the sound of their footsteps on tree twigs.

"Do not think this topic is forgotten, I will find out what caused that scar and I will have the person who hurt you pay for it!"

[SIGHS]

[LADY SULTAN]

"Should our princess be scared or worried about the young man's threats... Just a cool swim on a hot day could change someone so fast. I guess after all the princess doesn't know the hidden truth behind the young lord's words..."