TWENTY-TWO

[LADY SULTAN]

"While all the drama in the kingdom kept rolling, The prince and the princess thought of ways to meet again in secret

This author says: Why meet in secret when they already know each other? Well, the princess is not given the freedom to go beyond the palace walls."

"These birds are so beautiful, Charles, never seen anything like it before." She said as they strode down the centre of the town square.

"The happiest moments of my life have been spent in town, aboard a ship and with you by my side." She smiled at his compliments.

"You're too generous for your good."

[SIGHS]

"Are you alright, Kleo, you look a little agitated, you care to tell me?" He watched her as she sat on the trunk of a tree.

"[SIGHS] The lieutenant came to the palace yesterday to visit my father." She whispered as I say there quietly listening to her.

"And what did he say... Did he touch you? " He asked clenching his hands in a fist. She rubbed his hands, releasing the tension from the grip.

"He still stands by the deal and he would be taking it to court, to settle it, since my father doesn't want me to marry the man." She wept He brought her into his arms, comforting her.

"I won't make that happen to you, Kleo." He promised, but she raised her head in shock at his words.

"And how are you going to stop him? "She asked.

"I will be your lawyer and investigate The lieutenant. " He whispered.

"Investigate? Be my lawyer? "

"Yes! I went to law school for six years." He looked away to the ground. she was so amused by his multi-skills 

"How do you want to carry the investigation, Charles this plan is so impossible." She cried.

"Aye! look at me Kleo, I made a promise to help you, and that I will do... First I will search about his background and places he has ever been. So calm down, Kleo." She nod.

[SILENCE]

[LEAVES RUSTLE]

[WINDS HOWL]

"Some news reached my palace. About the execution, planned for the American. Is everything okay, back at the palace?" He took her hands in his own, they were a bit wobbly.

"Oh, The American,[SIGHS] well, he is to implant highly teched weapons in the kingdom but his plan all along was to embezzle our Gemstones. He exported some to India, last week and it was recorded that... Some gold was transferred to Kansas." She breathed heavily.

"What did your brother say about the Robbery, I believe it leads to a punishment in the line of the American." He said.

"Charles, there should be another way for the American to be punished but not executed by dawn. I am afraid the death of this American will lead to a war between the Americans and Egyptians." She forced herself to breathe at a normal rate.

"War! The will be no war and everything will be alright. Worry not about the execution but happy thoughts." He smiled.

"[CHUCKLES] Are you going to tell me why you are still dressed as a commoner instead of a prince." She said.