Chapter 5

[3rd Person POV]

The carriage that carried 13 students down to their fated moment came to a stop, signalling their arrival at the destination.

Doors slowly opening, and students stepping out one-by-one, they came to be introduced to the courtroom of which they'd be using more than once.

"So... This is the courtroom, huh?"
Naegi muttered to himself

"Oh, gee. What was your first clue?"

Y/N stood next to him and patted the luckster's back. Smiling as he did.

"Just kidding, Naegi chan! Make sure to do your best today!"

"You're finally here!"

A squeaky voice came from the center of that room, catching the attention of the students.

The voice revealed to be that of Monokuma's, welcoming the students inside the room where they'll be deciding whether everyone lives or dies, but none will be leaving without both happening.

"What do you think? Isn't it just perfect?"

"This place is disgusting!"
Owada immediately responded to Monokuma who brushed off the remark.

Scanning the room, it really resembled a genuine courtroom, to an extent.

The gilded pillars, the reddened curtains, and the eerie feel to the entire room brought certain chills down the spines of some people.

But those who have become used to seeing death, and/or been used to risking their lives on a daily basis, are quite dulled to this feeling. Though the rush of it remains the same.

"Hang on. Before we start the debate, there's one thing I'd like to know."

Kirigiri broke the needless banter and immediately referred to suspicions inside her mind.

She then referred to the portraits of the dead standing by the podiums.

"What's that supposed to be?"

This is a question Monokuma was more than elated to answer.

"Don't you think it's pitiful to exclude them just because they're dead?"

All part of a sick game to him, this is.

Then Monokuma turned his attention to the Information Broker.

"I'm all good in a fair and exciting trial, but allowing you to join is just a no-go! So you can stand idly there!"

Needless to say, the students were surprised by this.

Having a special rule for Y/N of all people, brought about a rise in suspicion.

"What's this about? How is having someone unallowed to join fair, when their very lives is also at stake?"

Celeste asked the robotic bear.

"That'd mean it would be more despairing when all of you fail! After all, he's trusting you with his life! And having an Information Broker join the Class Trial is just unfair in and of itself, don't you think?"

"So, you're saying that he knows something we don't?"

"Not at all! It just wouldn't be fun if he joined in, everything would finish quicker!"

Celeste went silent for a moment, she wasn't really concerned, if Y/N wanted to, he'd break the rules and tell them anything he knows. She's quite confident in his way of bending the rules to suit himself, that is until...

"Oh! And, if Mr. L/N does help in a way that benefits you students in a Class Trial, I'll execute all of you! That way, it's fair that he's relying on all of you to save him, but you're all also relying on him to keep everything he knows to himself!"