Chapter 6

"Say, don't you think you're special? That's not true. We are all the same. No one in this world can live honestly. Everyone has a secret or two; things they only let a few people know, and things they absolutely will never let anyone know..."

[3rd Person POV]

The Unknown Ultimate, Kirigiri Kyoko, had just finished her morning routine and would set about to continue finding whatever she can at the school.

Her past conversation with a certain Information Broker before the killing game had officially started--kickstarted by Maizono Sayaka, rang through her mind.

At the time, they simply "Weren't at that stage" of the game yet, but after the death of the Ultimate Idol, and the execution of the Ultimate Baseballer, Kirigiri thought that something would change, what? She doesn't know exactly, but she has an idea, all she knows for sure is that it cannot be good for any of them.

After adjusting her necktie and putting on her jacket, she beat Monokuma's morning announcement and exited her room.

Upon stepping out of her dorm, she was met with a voice just beside her, nearly putting her on the defensive stopping only because the voice was so familiar that she could perfectly replicate it inside her head.

"You're up early today."

The Ultimate Information Broker, Y/N L/N. Knowing him, he probably figured out she would attempt to scour the place while everyone is inside their dorms to avoid complications, something like this never bode well with Kirigiri, her next move being anticipated so much, but because she could never get him off her back, she had grown quite used to it.

"Same to you, having a lot of free time on your hands."

She could buy the fact that he anticipated she would do this, but the impeccable timing he had in waiting for her was something else, unless...

"Have you been just staying here, waiting for me to come out?"

"........"

"........"

"How long have you even been standing there...?"

"........"

"........"

Y/N didn't answer any of her questions and instead, walked past her.

"Come with me, I have something I think you'll be interested in."

Kirigiri sighed, he is weird for sure, but somehow, something like that wasn't out of character for him.

Waiting for god-knows how long just so he would look cool when she opens her door to see him. Only for her to figure out what he had been doing in order to achieve foolishness such as this.

The lavender-haired girl allowed herself to be guided by the Broker, leading her to the area where there was a huge gate blocking their passage to the second floor.

Y/N then leaned to the wall nearest to the gate, which prompted Kirigiri to question him.

"Why take me here?"

"Hmm... We've leveled up after yesterday's performance."

"Leveled up...?"

"I told you that whoever is behind this, they're making this play out like a game. Since 3 people had died, 2 leading to the actual bread-and-butter of this game, and 1 being a needless casualty, I think it's safe to say we're getting... I guess you can say, rewarded."

Kirigiri didn't really think twice of Y/N's statement. She thought of this too.

She heavily doubted that Monokuma would let them see the outside world as some form of reward, even if it is to cause them despair, as his purpose for that is to continue fueling their need to get out by showing them bits via videos or little trivias, while completely cutting them out of whatever is happening outside.