Chapter 8

[3rd Person POV]

"AH-HAHAHAHA!!"

Hearty laughs plagued the cafeteria just in time for Naegi Makoto to enter said room and witness everything that's happening.

With the rest of the class present and watching, Mondo Owada and Ishimaru Kiyotaka have been overdoing it in their... Public Displays of Affection.

"What are you talking about, bro?!"

"You got to stop teasing me, bro!"

The former rivals had both of their arms around each other's shoulders as they flaunted their closeness so loudly, gaining almost everyone's attention.

"Yo, Naegi!"
The Biker noticed the luckster's entrance to the cafeteria and greeted him energetically.

"Thanks for your help yesterday!"
The Hall Monitor has much to thank Naegi for, considering that he was a factor at making the friendship possible, despite being forced into it.

Then the Lucky Student turned his attention to the Swimmer and Martial Artist, who were trying to enjoy their tea just beside him.

"What's this all about...?"

"Beats me, but they've been pretty disgusting all morning."

Asahina answered before taking a sip from her tea, then her remark was intercepted by both the Biker and Hall Monitor's hearty laughs and reply.

"Girls could never understand the passionate bonds that we men share. Male friendship is a bond that runs thicker than blood!"
Ishimaru proudly proclaimed.

"That's right, bro! Well said!"

While Naegi asked them who won the battles, and Ishimaru attempting to make him stop asking by doing a "Forget Beam" with Owada supporting him all the way,

Y/N and Kirigiri shared a table at a corner that was nearest to Celeste, but not that close.

It was actually quite rare for these two to share a table, but because they were one of the firsts to enter the cafeteria along with Owada and Ishimaru, they have the luxury of taking any seat they want.

"How much are you willing to bet that Owada chan's the bottom?"

Y/N pointed to the two before turning his attention to Kirigiri who was just watching everything that was happening.

She didn't really try to humor him, Y/N has enough fun by watching and talking to himself.

Instead, she got reminded of what happened earlier.

[Small Flashback]

Having woken up earlier than usual, Kirigiri finished her morning routine quite quickly and would set out to the cafeteria to enjoy some coffee.

Even though she's sure that some students would already be present, such as Ishimaru, who is always the first to be there, she's certain that she can enjoy some quiet time accompanied by her coffee.

Since it already happened two times, Kirigiri slowly opened the door and checked both her sides to see if a certain Information Broker would already be present, waiting for her. Luckily, nobody was there, and she was able to let out a sigh of relief.

That is until, the door to his room opened.

Letting out a yawn, Y/N closed his door before he turned, probably going to stand by Kirigiri's door, but was stopped when he saw the girl peeking out of said door.

The two exchanged stares, and both was just waiting for the other to say something.

"So, this is how early you've been waking up to pull something like this..."
Kirigiri was the first to say something.