Chapter 22

[3rd Person POV]

[CLASS TRIALS: IN SESSION!]

"Well, shall we get started? This is the beginning of the Class Trial to end it all!"

Monokuma cheered from his seat, obvious excitement in the bear's voice and exaggerated movements.

"Upupupu! You're all here. All of your gloomy faces are here!"

Then the monochromatic bear jumped from it's seat and on to the podium in front of it.

"Yahoo! Since this will be the final Class Trial, I'll also be participating! If you're able to identify Ikusaba Mukuro's killer, solve the mystery of this school, as well as figuring out L/N Y/N's story during the whole thing, then you all win!"

This caused the remaining students to react in surprise before they gave Y/N a look, he stood in front of Celeste's portrait on her podium, he was as quiet as he was during the Gambler's trial, but there was that melancholic smile on his face.

Kyoko was determined to solve anything that may have happened to him, all this time he was protecting her, so this time... this time it was her turn to help him.

"But if you're unable to do so, then I win! Of course, what awaits the losers are some very exciting punishments!"

"Does that mean you'll be executed if you lose?"
The detective immediately wanted to know.

"Of course. A bear does not go back on his word!"
Monokuma reassured the girl.

"M-More importantly,"

Their attention went to Hagakure, who was visibly angry as heck.

"I have a question for all of you."

"Mhm? That's an unusually serious tone. Does your tummy hurt?"
Monokuma taunted the clairvoyant, but was ignored.

"You're all in cahoots with the mastermind, right!? I know you are!"
He accused the remaining students whilst holding out his photo of the Class.

"Huh, so they took that one too...?"
Y/N commented, a comment Naegi noticed and kept in mind.

"Wait! I've got a photo as well."
Asahina showed here, followed by Fukawa, Naegi, and Togami.

"I've got one too, a photo that proves everyone is in cahoots with the mastermind."
Togami presented his photo, which piqued Y/N's interest.

"Heeeh, they took that one? Even Kyoko's in a swimsuit..."
Y/N peeked from Celeste's podium, causing Togami to lightly swat the Broker's face with the photo he held.

"Fweh!?"
The broker recoiled.

"Wh-What the heck...?"
Hagakure was taken aback by the similar photos everyone received.

"Upupupupupu!"

Monokuma began to laugh until Asahina noticed the differences between each photo they possessed.

"Wait. I'm in the photo Naegi has, but I'm the only person who's not in this one."

"Hang on. Isn't this just a trap the mastermind set to make us fight amongst ourselves?"
Naegi considered.

"A trap I set? Nasty thing to say! Do you have any evidence to back that up!?"
Monokuma threw a minor tantrum which Togami intercepted.

"We don't even need to go that far. For you to resort to using cheap tricks like fake photos, looks like you're getting pretty desperate, Monokuma."
The heir taunted.

"I had suspected as much."
Kyoko commented.

"Where's your photo, Kirigiri san?"

"I knew it was a trap, so I didn't bother looking at it."