Chapter 16

[3rd Person POV]

Following what they talked about yesterday, Y/N woke up earlier than Monokuma's announcement and got himself ready.

"I wasn't sure at first, but this outfit is really growing on me."

He made sure to tie the ribbon on his neck properly as a way of constantly upholding a wish from a friend.

"Looks good, don't ya think? I like that I can hide the creases with the vest. But I wonder if my hair is alright?"

After straightening himself up and making sure his gloves are on the right way, Y/N grabbed the note from his bed and set it on the table nearby his old outfit.

He patted the note gently and smiled.

"Well then, I'll be going now, Taeko. I'll be back later."

He whispered before exiting his room and locking the door with his key.

There was a lack of people outside, which is to be expected, considering that it's nighttime and not a lot of people left.

But what he wasn't expecting, is for Kirigiri to also exit her room at the same time he did. He even made sure to wake up extra early just to surprise her again, but it seems she's already expecting him.

The moment both their doors shut and the locks clamped, they made eye contact. Y/N was a little surprised to see her, but judging by Kirigiri's expression, she did this deliberately.

"Ohayo, Kirigiri chan~"
Y/N greeted her warmly.

She only nodded as a response.

"Shall we go? I assume there's a lot to unpack on the 4th Floor."

"We should."

The duo scoured the newly-opened 4th Floor, this would make it Kirigiri's second time investigating it, and Y/N his first time as he wasn't present during the initial opening.

"Hmm, the Chemistry Lab will most likely have something to do with it, if another death happens."

Y/N cupped his chin as he studied the 3 sections of the cabinets.

"Poison, in particular. Probably swap it with one of these harmless ones?"

Kirigiri glanced at Y/N, just one look at the cabinets and he already predicted something... Well, she also doesn't deny the possibility of this happening. Poison is probably gonna be one of the more common causes of murder.

"I don't mean to predict again, but... It's probably gonna be Ogami chan who dies to something such as poison."

The broker's gaze turned to Kirigiri as the girl narrowed hers.

"How can you be so sure?"

"You really can't kill her by normal means unless she doesn't fight back, but I doubt she won't fight back, at least, enough to kill her. So, you know... Poison. She already drinks protein shakes as is, it isn't a stretch to think so."

Kirigiri understood where he's coming from, considering Ogami had just been outed as a mole, people are probably going to gun it for her, but since they're already small in numbers, it should dawn on them that they'd be found out so easily.

But it isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

"Well, we've stuck around here for too long, so we should move on."

"Right."

Kirigiri brought Y/N to places that piqued her interest as she was curious to know what he thinks about those points of interest.