Chapter 12

[3rd Person POV]

Following Monokuma's announcement, the students didn't waste any time in going to the gymnasium, where Togami Byakuya and Fukawa Toko would already be waiting.

Acknowledgement of Fukawa's change from Genocider Syo back to her normal self was explained by her sneezing, courtesy of Togami.

After a moment of silence, Monokuma's voice would penetrate the room.

"It looks like everyone is here."

The bear shot out of the podium and sat on top of it.

"What are you plotting this time?"
Togami asked said bear.

"Upupupu! I'm going with this!"

And just like that, 10 billion yen in cash piled on top of the stage and Monokuma took the time to sit on top of it.

"10 billion yen! This is my present to whoever manages to graduate! You must be so excited, right?"

This earned various reactions from the students, Togami cared the least, claiming that the sum wasn't even enough for him to notice it as an actual motive.

Ogami Sakura was offended more than anything.

"Human lives cannot be bought with money."
She said.

How naive...

Then there's Naegi, who even at the first motive, never changed.

"No matter what you do, we're not going to kill each other anymore!"

Monokuma responded to this by laughing at his face.

"Upupupupu! That's enough for your obligatory bravado front already. Well then, be sure to lead pure and honest high school lives together."

Monokuma slowly descended from the stage along with the 10 billion yen in cash.

Hagakure salivated at the sight and thought of the cash which prompted Fukawa to doubt the rest.

"I-I bet someone here is pressed for cash, right?"

"Stop it. Nothing is more unsightly than doubting your allies."
Ogami told the Writer off.

"U-Unsightly!?"

"Lust for the outside world. It's because of these desires that allows the mastermind to take advantage of us. We simply need to live our harmonious lives together."
said Celeste whilst she twirled a lock of her hair.

Kirigiri noticed a severe lack of reaction from someone, and she became curious.

If his theory was correct, then he'd be waiting for her to look at him with a huge grin on his face, because of Hagakure's reaction, he'd most likely be right.

But she didn't expect this...

His eyes slightly widened, still staring at the podium as if Monokuma and the motive were still there. His hands clenched tightly into fist as he stood silently still...

He was quiet, too quiet. Kirigiri took note to ask him later about this.

Then Asahina sighed and Ogami took concern.

"What is it, Asahina?"

"U-Um, I know it's not the right time for this, but I saw... Fujisaki chan's ghost."

This was enough for Y/N to snap out of his trance, shaking his head repeatedly before turning to face Asahina, with no record of any expression from earlier ever being present on his face.

With the Ultimate Swimmer's lead, the students found themselves in a room full of lockers by the Sauna.

The room was very spacious, enough to keep more students than the number they're at right now.