Chapter 11

[3rd Person POV]

Similar to the day after Kuwata's execution, our dear protagonist on the other side of the coin: L/N Y/N, had woken up early to prepare for their upcoming investigations on the 3rd Floor.

The Ultimate Information Broker's morning routine was relatively quick as he didn't spend an ample amount of time inside the shower room, in fact, he spends more time waiting for Kirigiri rather than taking a shower.

What takes a ridiculous amount of time is his necktie though... He typically wears clip-ons, but for some reason, he wore the one that needed to be tied when coming to this school.

"Ah, this is miserable..."

The broker muttered before giving up on the thing entirely and just letting it lace over his neck.

Exiting the room, the dorms were as quiet as expected, nobody else in sight to greet daytime and Monokuma's eventual Morning Announcement.

So, he was able to take his place beside Kirigiri's door without worrying about someone seeing him, well, it doesn't really matter to him whether someone does see him or not.

While Y/N waited, his mind drifted to what he had been discussing with Kirigiri the night before.

Incentives... motives...

Now that he thought about it, all the motives up until now had something in common, and the broker depended on the next motive if his suspicions were to be confirmed or not.

"If I were to be right about this... then the next motive will also determine who the next culprit is..."

While caught up in his own thoughts, Y/N was able to break out of his thinking time by the sound of the door beside him being unlocked and slowly swinging open.

A pair of lavender eyes was already looking towards his direction, meaning that they had already expected him to see there.

"Ohayo, Kirigiri chan~"
The broker greeted with that same, usual smile on his face.

The girl in question didn't greet him back, as per usual, but Y/N didn't mind one bit. Her coldness to him is one of the reasons he aims to follow her around enough to bug her that she'll eventually react to him. Quite a small and childish goal, a goal quite fitting for our dear broker.

"It's that time of the day again~ shall we go on ahead?"
Y/N offered his arm to Kirigiri who didn't take it and started to walk towards the entrance of the 3rd floor.

Of course, Y/N still followed her around, and while no attempts at conversation were made, he was able to keep himself satisfied by humming a tune.

And it didn't take long for them to arrive at the caged entrance that would lead up to the 3rd floor of the Main Building.

"Hmm... It's still so early, it'd be a long while before the others get here."
Y/N walked around the area, his steps slowly turning into a small dance as he spun around with the heels of his boots.

Kirigiri merely leaned against a wall and decided to pass the time waiting for the eventual gathering of the remaining students in order to explore the new floor.

"Kuwata killed Maizono, and Owada killed Fujisaki. Ahh... It's such a shame that our numbers have dwindled down to such an amount, and who knows how much of us will be left until we can get out of here."

Then Y/N stopped moving and a hand went to cup his own chin.

"Hmmm, right now, there isn't enough incentive for any of us to kill, granted there's no motives yet, but I guess today's the most safe we'll ever be before a motive comes into play. Then there's Syo chan... Other than Togami chan, there really isn't anyone who'll pique her interest, so I doubt she'll start something."